It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Changes Story on Bush Plane Incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Based on this, my first question is : Exactly how many other things are they lying through their teeth about?

I am betting there are TONS more. Hard to keep track of how many.

news.yahoo.com.../nm/20031203/ts_nm/bush_iraq_pilot_dc_2&printer=1

"White House Changes Story on Bush Plane Incident
Wed Dec 3, 1:46 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House on Wednesday changed its story of a British Airways pilot's spotting of Air Force One during President Bush (news - web sites)'s stealth trip to Iraq (news - web sites) last week.

The original story -- which held that the airline's pilot had talked to Air Force One and that he kept the secret of Bush's Thanksgiving Day flight to Baghdad -- had been told by White House Communications Director Dan Bartlett to reporters as he sought to portray the drama of Bush's trip.

But after British Airways denied such a conversation took place, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said on Wednesday the airline's pilot never contacted Air Force One. "The conversation was between the British Airways plane and the London control tower," McClellan said.

It was also the London control tower, not an Air Force One pilot as in the original story, that misidentified Air Force One as a much smaller "Gulfstream 5" aircraft, McClellan said.

He said Air Force One pilots overheard the conversation while flying over the west coast of England, and the British Airways plane could be identified by its call sign when it spoke to the tower.

McClellan declined to say whether Air Force One had sent a false electronic identification or whether controllers were in on the deception.

British Airways said it could not confirm the new account.

White House officials have said the elaborate secrecy surrounding the trip was needed to ensure Bush's security in Iraq, but some critics accused the administration of dramatizing the trip for political purposes.

CHANGE OF STORY

McClellan explained the change in the White House story by saying, "I don't think everybody was clear on exactly how that conversation happened."

The White House has come under criticism for backtracking on its account of other high profile events.

In October it conceded it had helped with a large "Mission Accomplished" banner on an aircraft carrier where Bush announced in May that major fighting had ended in Iraq.

Bush had initially said his advance team did not put up the banner, whose message critics viewed as premature given continued attacks on occupying forces in Iraq.

The White House also acknowledged in July that a claim by Bush in his State of the Union address last January that Iraq tried to buy African uranium was based partly on forged documents.

British Airways said it could not confirm the White House's new version of the Air Force One story. "We've had no reports from any of our pilots with regard to Air Force One," airline spokeswoman Honor Verrier said

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You know why this is, don't you?

Because these are repugnants. Repugnants ALWAYS LIE and Repugnants ALWAYS LIE ALL THE TIME. They are filled with deceit and NEVER take repsonsibility for their actions. They are degenerate thugs.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
"A mind full of lies is a liar's mind"-Corporate Avenger

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Because these are repugnants. Repugnants ALWAYS LIE and Repugnants ALWAYS LIE ALL THE TIME. They are filled with deceit and NEVER take repsonsibility for their actions. They are degenerate thugs.

Oh..good God!!!

ALL politicians lie! Doesn't matter if they are Repugnants or Dummycrats...

Clinton: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I find it sooo weird that Clinton was impeached for lying about an extra-marital BJ (which really only hurt Hillary, let's be honest), and yet Dubya lied about reasons to go to war, which has killed hundreds of US troops unneccessarily. And he KEEPS lyin'!

Is it because the Supreme Court and the news media is stacked with Bush supporters, or is it just that sex is far more important to your average TV viewer than human lives?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

I find it sooo weird that Clinton was impeached for lying about an extra-marital BJ (which really only hurt Hillary, let's be honest), and yet Dubya lied about reasons to go to war, which has killed hundreds of US troops unneccessarily. And he KEEPS lyin'!

Is it because the Supreme Court and the news media is stacked with Bush supporters, or is it just that sex is far more important to your average TV viewer than human lives?

I dont recall Bush ever saying a thing about the British plane. I did however hear it from various media sources.

So you all like to spew out # that isnt even confirmed?

Ill add what I wrote in my blog since no one ever reads it anyways.....

Ok liberals, this is the the worst national administration you�ve ever lived under, correct? What about JFK's relentless persuit of infidelity including a woman having an affair with a mob boss? What about his complete bungling of the Bay of Pigs? What about his brother giving the green light to the FBI to spy on Martin Luther King, Jr.? Were any of you overseas when LBJ's administration knew they couldn't win in Vietnam but continued the letting of American blood until 50,000 + died and hundreds of thousands were wounded under his administration? Were you clueless as Nixon subverted the Constitution and used the agencies of the Federal government to go after his political enemies? You must have missed the many scandals of the Clinton administration and you no doubt were napping - or riding in a tank? - when he looked you (and the rest of us) right in the eye and told a bald-faced lie. Partisanship is one thing but geez...

Then we go to war with Iraq. A issue with the war was that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction....Can anyone tell me one source before the war started that thought Iraq didnt have any WMD's? Here let me quote the UN...

THE SECURITY COUNCIL, 27 JANUARY 2003:

AN UPDATE ON INSPECTION

Executive Chairman of UNMOVIC, Dr. Hans Blix
www.un.org...

"The document indicates that 13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1988, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we must assume that these quantities are now unaccounted for."

This after 12 years of breaking his ceasefire terms on a daily basis.

After attacking 4 neighboring countries and killing a million muslims all the while harboring Abu Nidal and paying suicide terrorists to kill women and children, how much longer would you appeasers have given Saddam? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Oh..good God!!!

Sorry, GAZ. There's a difference. Combined with lying, Repugants are venal, filthy, and soulless. They are cowardly. There is nothing worse than a repugnant when it comes to honor and courage. I hate them.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by Gazrok

Oh..good God!!!

Sorry, GAZ. There's a difference. Combined with lying, Repugants are venal, filthy, and soulless. They are cowardly. There is nothing worse than a repugnant when it comes to honor and courage. I hate them.

When it comes to honor and courage???

Lets see the Dems are trying to say peace is a option against terrorism as John Kerry stated yesterday that he would like diplomatic approaches to NK and Iran so we can possibly have normalized relations with two of the evilest nations on earth.
Thats courage if I ever seen it......

The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.

Look to me thats exactly what Bush is doing.

Honor, get real...Hillary Clinton goes to Iraq and backstabs America to the troops who are serving us. That really shows lots of honor towards your country.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz

When it comes to honor and courage???

Lets see the Dems are trying to say peace is a option against terrorism as John Kerry stated yesterday that he would like diplomatic approaches to NK and Iran so we can possibly have normalized relations with two of the evilest nations on earth.
Thats courage if I ever seen it......

The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.

Look to me thats exactly what Bush is doing.

Honor, get real...Hillary Clinton goes to Iraq and backstabs America to the troops who are serving us. That really shows lots of honor towards your country.

1) I would rather have normalized relations with NK and Iran than constantly worrying whether my enemy is gonna send a nuke up my ass or sell them to the plethora of my other enemies.

2) I thnk currently, the US ranks No.1 as the evilest nation on earth. It didn't used to be that way.

3) How can Bush be brave when he ran away from Vietnam and went AWOL in the Texas National Guard?

4) Hilary is MUCH smarter than Dubya and its not backstabbing to speak your mind about foreign policy. Not everyone kowtows to Bush like you.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I dont recall Bush ever saying a thing about the British plane. I did however hear it from various media sources.

Ok liberals, this is the the worst national administration you�ve ever lived under, correct? What about JFK's relentless persuit of infidelity including a woman having an affair with a mob boss? What about his complete bungling of the Bay of Pigs? What about his brother giving the green light to the FBI to spy on Martin Luther King, Jr.? Were any of you overseas when LBJ's administration knew they couldn't win in Vietnam but continued the letting of American blood until 50,000 + died and hundreds of thousands were wounded under his administration? Were you clueless as Nixon subverted the Constitution and used the agencies of the Federal government to go after his political enemies? You must have missed the many scandals of the Clinton administration and you no doubt were napping - or riding in a tank? - when he looked you (and the rest of us) right in the eye and told a bald-faced lie. Partisanship is one thing but geez...

Then we go to war with Iraq. A issue with the war was that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction....Can anyone tell me one source before the war started that thought Iraq didnt have any WMD's? Here let me quote the UN...

AN UPDATE ON INSPECTION

www.un.org...

"The document indicates that 13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1988, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we must assume that these quantities are now unaccounted for."

After attacking 4 neighboring countries and killing a million muslims all the while harboring Abu Nidal and paying suicide terrorists to kill women and children, how much longer would you appeasers have given Saddam? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

Nice post, very well said. But then of course, it is ignored completly...

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Why do you stay here if you think America is so evil? You kow there are other places you could go.

Yeah lets have normalized relations with state sponsered terrorist regimes. Ltes see, Clinton let NK slide in 94' and what happen? They make nukes....Yeah I can see how that policy will work.
Frankly I don't bow down to Bush, if there was a better candidate I would be more than happy to support that candidate. The fact is there isnt and Hillary whether you agree or not, talked our nation down to the troops in Iraq. Thats not something someone should do overseas when talking to our armed forces. That shows NO HONOR towards your country.

As far as Bush's military awol.......

In January 1968, with the Vietnam war in full swing, Bush was due to graduate from Yale. Knowing he'd soon be eligible for the draft, he took an air force officers' test hoping to secure a billet with the Texas Air National Guard, which would allow him to do his military service at home. Bush didn't do particularly well on the test--on the pilot aptitude section, he scored in the 25th percentile, the lowest possible passing grade. But Bush's father, George H.W., was then a U.S. congressman from Houston, and strings were pulled. The younger Bush vaulted to the head of a long waiting list--a year and a half long, by some estimates--and in May of '68 he was inducted into the guard.

By all accounts Bush was an excellent pilot, but apparently his enthusiasm cooled. In 1972, four years into his six-year guard commitment, he was asked to work for the campaign of Bush family friend Winton Blount, who was running for the U.S. Senate in Alabama. In May Bush requested a transfer to an Alabama Air National Guard unit with no planes and minimal duties. Bush's immediate superiors approved the transfer, but higher-ups said no. The matter was delayed for months. In August Bush missed his annual flight physical and was grounded. (Some have speculated that he was worried about failing a drug test--the Pentagon had instituted random screening in April.) In September he was ordered to report to a different unit of the Alabama guard, the 187th Tactical Reconnaissance Group in Montgomery. He didnt show up for this.

I dont dispute that he left the military, but at least he was in it compared to some people who skip it all together, Dean, Clinton, etc......

And I dont want to hear about how he mightve failed a drug test, because almost anyone including Clinton wouldve failed a drug test in the 70's.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner

AN UPDATE ON INSPECTION

www.un.org...

Nice post, very well said. But then of course, it is ignored completly...

Yeah I know, selective reading maybe.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Dreamz: "I dont recall Bush ever saying a thing about the British plane. I did however hear it from various media sources. "

Did I say BUSH lied about the British plane? I said he KEEPS lying, I never mentioned that HE lied about the plane. Read my post again, it ain't edited.

"Then we go to war with Iraq. A issue with the war was that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction....Can anyone tell me one source before the war started that thought Iraq didnt have any WMD's? Here let me quote the UN... "

LOL, if you use links from 9 months ago, you may win this argument. But NOT if you use any links from NOW, or from RECENT history.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"Dr Blix criticised the "culture of spin, of hyping" and told the BBC Radio 4's Today programme that he hoped governments would be more cautious in the future use of special intelligence.

He compared the way Britain and America were sure Iraq had weapons of mass destruction programmes to the way people in the Middle Ages were convinced witches existed and so found them when they looked. ..

..."We know that the advertisers will advertise a refrigerator in terms they do not quite believe in but you expect governments to be more serious and have more credibility," he said.

Dr Blix said he understood that information had to be simplified but people still expected it to be reliable.

He accused the British and American governments of "over-interpreting" intelligence. "

www.abc.net.au...

"UN still waiting for US report on Iraq weapons

United Nations weapons inspectors say they still have not been given a key report by American and British experts who have searched post-war Iraq for weapons of mass destruction.

The revelation is contained in a report by UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC), the UN arms team which originally monitored Baghdad's weapons programs and left on the eve of the war.

The interim report from the US-led Iraq Survey Group was completed in October.

Controversy has raged over whether the regime of Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, cited as a main reason for the US-led war that ended his regime."

Nice try though.

jakomo

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Why do you stay here if you think America is so evil? You kow there are other places you could go.

BECAUSE I #IN LIVE HERE! YA KNOW THIS IS THE SAME IMBRED ANSWER I GET FROM EVERY BRAIN DEAD REPUGNANT WHO HAS NEVER IN HIS LIFE STUDIED, LET ALONE READ, THE US CONSTITUTION NOR THE BILL OF RIGHTS LIKE I HAVE! THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL DOCUMENTS WHICH I SEE BEING ERODED DAILY BY THESE ABOMINABLE BUSH BASTARDS. BUT, I SHOULD LEAVE, RIGHT? AND LEAVE AMERICA IN THE HANDS OF THE IGNORANT LIKE YOU? AMERICA DESERVES BETTER.

Yeah lets have normalized relations with state sponsered terrorist regimes.

We do it all the time. Did so with Iraq. We do so in Georgia now.

As far as Bush's military awol.......

In January 1968, with the Vietnam war in full swing, Bush was due to graduate from Yale. Knowing he'd soon be eligible for the draft, he took an air force officers' test hoping to secure a billet with the Texas Air National Guard, which would allow him to do his military service at home. Bush didn't do particularly well on the test--on the pilot aptitude section, he scored in the 25th percentile, the lowest possible passing grade. But Bush's father, George H.W., was then a U.S. congressman from Houston, and strings were pulled. The younger Bush vaulted to the head of a long waiting list--a year and a half long, by some estimates--and in May of '68 he was inducted into the guard.

I guess this is White Affirmative Action. I guess that's ok.

By all accounts Bush was an excellent pilot, but apparently his enthusiasm cooled. In 1972, four years into his six-year guard commitment, he was asked to work for the campaign of Bush family friend Winton Blount, who was running for the U.S. Senate in Alabama. In May Bush requested a transfer to an Alabama Air National Guard unit with no planes and minimal duties. Bush's immediate superiors approved the transfer, but higher-ups said no. The matter was delayed for months. In August Bush missed his annual flight physical and was grounded. (Some have speculated that he was worried about failing a drug test--the Pentagon had instituted random screening in April.)

No, he was sniffing the fairy dust.

In September he was ordered to report to a different unit of the Alabama guard, the 187th Tactical Reconnaissance Group in Montgomery. He didnt show up for this.

This is called BEING AWOL. So, a slot that another more deserving guy should've gotten was taken by the Bush bastard and he DIDN'T EVEN USE IT. HE THREW IT AWAY WHILE THE OTHER DESERVING GUY MAY JUST BE DEAD RIGHT NOW IN VIETNAM!

join