It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: ONLY 1 SIGNING SO FAR!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
1stly hi all

I am trather concerned that we have only signed 1 player so (Glen Johnson) i dont blame HR by any means we are ambitious but it does piss me off that just cos we now have money to mspend that clubs dont wanna sell to us, i symathise with Harry and can see he is trying so dam hard to players but they dont wanna come to us cos of the position we finished last season.

TRD

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Lots of names being touted about and a few have decided to stay where they are. They are in talks with Anelka and things look promising on that front.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
thats a good signing in Glen Johnson, i think he will be a good right back and hes still young, so he could improve alot.

Thought you signed the Portuguese player?

And Mandaric is gone finally! the Russian guy has got full control now so ain't that like another signing.

Talk of Petrov still, and this may land you teh best midfield player in the world haha.. he used to work on a burger van, maybe he would be a good chef to employ

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
thats a good signing in Glen Johnson, i think he will be a good right back and hes still young, so he could improve alot.

Thought you signed the Portuguese player?

And Mandaric is gone finally! the Russian guy has got full control now so ain't that like another signing.

Talk of Petrov still, and this may land you teh best midfield player in the world haha.. he used to work on a burger van, maybe he would be a good chef to employ

The signing of Fernandes has been put on ice for a month Mandaric hasnt actually gone he's staying on as Non-executive chairman. As for Anelka who knows i heard Harry on the radio yesterday saying that Anelka would be a great signing if we can get him.

I reckon he would be a great signing.

Looks like Lua wants out cos we arnt offering him a contract that says what he wants.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Signed a good player in David Thompson. Hes what i would call an average Premiership player who always tries. So i would imagine he will give the midfield a bit bite.

This will mean the talk of Petrov will stop.

What other positions do you need to strengthen?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
Signed a good player in David Thompson. Hes what i would call an average Premiership player who always tries. So i would imagine he will give the midfield a bit bite.

This will mean the talk of Petrov will stop.

What other positions do you need to strengthen?

We need a striker.

TRD

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I told you, Anelka....

As long as the final preparations go to plan he'll be a Pompey player next week...

TRD

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They are also trying to wrap up a deal with Sol Campbell, he has said he fancied a move abroad after he left Arsenal. But Harry might be able to persuade him to stay in the Prem...

TRD

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Portsmouth have reportedly agreed a 4million deal to sign Manchester City's Sylvain Distin.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I told you, Anelka....

As long as the final preparations go to plan he'll be a Pompey player next week...

Yeah I know but Fenerbach want until 23 August or summat like that burt we need him earlier.

As for Distin i like that but he hasnt signed for us yet, Campbell would be a great signing

new topics

top topics

join