It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
We came from behind again last time we were 1-0 toSunderland at home the a goal from Todorov and a Penalty from Matty Taylor have us a 2-1 win.And the previous game the same happened we came from behind rto beat Wigan at the JJB stadium 1-2 a goal from our record signiong Benjani(his 1st fror Pomey he has played 15 games and not scored) and then a handball in the pentlty area from a Wigan defender and Matty Taylor again took the penalty cool and calm the 5000 Pompey fans jumped up in jubilation so did i poor Brum could only manage a draw 0-0 against Newcastle and that sent them down but they will be back.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
My Dear Drunk:

Are you ready for a question from an American who has no compunctions about showing his ignorance? I mean knowingly doing so, that is, lol.

What is a "scrum?" That's a rugby term, right? Do you know what it is well enough to describe it to me, in terms that I, a total rugby ignoramus, can understand it?

If it's a soccer/European-football term, my apologies for not knowing that, and again, I'm a total ignoramus and would appreciate the explanation.

B.H.N.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Scrum is a rugby term you are right but i couldnt explain it to you because i fear i would get it arse over head as i am a football/soccer fan sorry mate.

p.s its some sort of huddle for gay men!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the quick response, and CONGRATS on the recent victory.

BHN

TRD

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
BHN, its as drunk said a rugby term..

Explanation.. hrmm..

The rugby scrum is a formalised technique used to begin play after a minor infringement. The two forward packs meet, the ball is placed between the two front rows, and 'hooked' for distribution by the halfback. While this appears to be a simple technique for restarting the game it has become a major platform of both attack and defence and in the modern game involves a number of techniques used to gain an advantage - for both teams.

TRD

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Great result for Pompey in staying up, they did look dead and buried but the players dug deep and got the results. I'm glad they stayed up, they have some decent players now and it will be interesting to see if Harry gets more money to spend in the summer.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The reason they are staying up is Harry. He is one of the best managers in the world

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I thought him getting 20 plus million to spend on players helped

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yeah but you need more than money to stay up. He turned the team around from almost down and out to a team with a recent form that could put them in the top six

aj7

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Harry also made some great buys
davis
benjani
and he got lua lua to play well:party-smiley-018:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Yeah but how many goals did benjani score??????????

aj7

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
but he set up loads

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by aj7
Harry also made some great buys
davis
benjani
and he got lua lua to play well:party-smiley-018:

1 to be precise the 1 that kept us up, but as aj said he set loads up for others.

Next season he'll grab 10 or 11 tops.

top topics

join