It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Pompey in the money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Am i right in saying, Milan Mandaric is going to let Redknapp get the bank book out and spend like crazy? i read somewhere he has a total budget of 100 million though i guess this takes in sign on fee's, wages etc

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
MM is bringing a partner in a Russian by the name of Alexandre Gaydamak, we are gonna be the new Chelsea!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
ahhh... thanks Drunk

and hmmm.. his dad is being investigated for money laundering but the son is saying i invested and not my dad and hes saying his money is fine.

I wonder if there will be Russian Mafia wars going on down South haha

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
hey, it dont look like your going to have alot to spend

Though to be fair, thats Olsicanbe? some name like that and maybe 4 million Bengali coming to the team

However, whilst there has been talk of investment in the region of £100 million, Gaydamak admits he is not on the same level as Chelsea's billionaire owner.

"I don't know the gentleman (Abramovich) personally but I have the utmost respect for him and admire him very much," he said.

"I am very uncomfortable with comparisons between us, it is a different league - I am very small and he is very big, I can't compare myself to him.

Source

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
There are rumours that Harry will have about 100 mill to spend but those are just rumours maybe 40-50 mill and considering we just spent 4.1 Mill on a striker suggests Harry has more than originally quotes which was only 7 mill.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
i think am right in saying MM and the Russian guy are now 50 - 50 in ownership of the club? now... we know Roman at Chelsea likes total control, and up in Scotland tehre is a guy Romanov who wnated total control... is this Russian guy going to take complete owenrship of the club you reckon? slowly buy more and more shares until he can oust MM?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Ryan>i wouldnt say "oust" cos this is MM idea eventually he wants tro handover total control to Gaydamak but he wants to see us established in the Prem and see the new stadium completed .

MM loves Pompey and Pompey loves MM.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
an update on the situation, MM is saying hes happy about how Gaydamak earned his money saying its legit and that the move is expected to be announced next week

Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric said Alexandre Gaydamak will be confirmed as a new director of the club next week.

Little is known about Gaydamak, who Mandaric said is investing about £20m to become a co-owner in the club, but Mandaric is happy with his credentials.

"You have to do your due diligence. I'm quite satisfied he made his money the old-fashioned way - he earned it," Mandaric told BBC's Sportsweek.

source

TRD

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
As far as i can tell Mandric wants to get out of the game and wanted to make sure someone with money to pump into the club takes over. But then this guy Gaydamak is saying he only wants to be in football for a few years and is not that interested in it. Must be laundering some of his cash no doubt lol!

But its good for Harry as he will have a bucket load of cash to spend.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
can Harry spend the cash wisely though?

i remember you going on TRD when it came to siging players for the Hammers he werent that good and that the youth players kept the team alive

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
can Harry spend the cash wisely though?

i remember you going on TRD when it came to siging players for the Hammers he werent that good and that the youth players kept the team alive

He has splashed out 4.1 mill on Mwaruwari who i have never heard.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
am trying to place this guy, am sure in Guy Reux? the old ancient manager Auxerre had he played a cup game in his last match and Benjani played and was great.

And you beat Marsielle to signing him, maybe the new yak

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
forgot to add.... i see Harry is thinking about moving for Steffan Iverson, i dont know where hes playing these days but werent he a dud at spurs? and the Boro Keeper, i think hes supposed to be good Swatcher?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   

am trying to place this guy, am sure in Guy Reux? the old ancient manager Auxerre had he played a cup game in his last match and Benjani played and was great.

And you beat Marsielle to signing him, maybe the new yak
Thats we are hoping but Benjani has a contingency plan to leave us if we go down
it kills me that he is thinkng of relegation and he aint kicked a ball for us yet!

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

forgot to add.... i see Harry is thinking about moving for Steffan Iverson, i dont know where hes playing these days but werent he a dud at spurs? and the Boro Keeper, i think hes supposed to be good Swatcher?

Also linked with Cudicini, Glen Johnson,Sean Davis,Pedro Medes, Benni McCarthy,Dean Ashton,Robert Earnshaw etc etc.

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well you can't buy them all...

I think the Spurs trio is on the cards. Mendes, Paramont, Davis. And a possible Boro's keeper.

[Edited on 11/1/06 by TRD]

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Looks like i was right, Harry signed all three today.

Well things don't look too bad there now. Should get them out of trouble and keep them up for sure. One big problem he has is to spend wisely and save some to improve the squad for next season...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The 2 strikers we signed hopefully will get the goals needed for survival. i must admitted i have never heard of Mwaruwari but then again noone had heard of Yakubu before, Harry always manages to find unknown players and gets the best out of them.

TRD

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Reports are that they will dive back into the transfer market pretty soon with Aston Villa's Lee Hendrie and Charlton goalkeeper Dean Kiely on the shopping list.

top topics

join