It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Milan Mandaric makes right decision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well he's done it he put us out of our misery and sacked Alain Perrin:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

The possible replacements are:
George Burley
Alex McLeish
Sir Bobby Robson
Neil Warnock
Roy Keane

Also 1 which hasnt been mentioned but reckon would be a major coup would Martin O'Neill

I'd go for Burley or O'Neill cos both are out of work,but out of those 2 O'Neill is avery long shot.

Oh yeah MM has realised that we need a British manager.

"We will now search for a British manager" he said or summat along those lines

[Edited on 04/10/03 by drunk]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey

looking at the replacements the only one i think might happen is Neil Warnock

McLeish at your club, he would need to find players on the cheap who turn out to be good, thats something McLeish cant do, he signs terrible players non stop, George Burley isnt in a rush to get back into a club, i think he willl give himself a break maybe until next Summer.

Bobby Robson seems to get linked with loads of teams, i think the only club who could tempt him back would be Ipswich and Keane, hes going to be a gamble

What about going for Terry Venables, he usually likes to go to clubs who are strugging and try do something with them, if it works he looks amazing, if it doesnt its not like hes going to get criticied.

I dunno, O'Neill is wanting something bigger i would have thought, plus, whats the latest on his wife?

TRD

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
O'neil is waiting untill Man U come knocking. Its always been said for the last 4 years he will succeed Ferguson...

Out of the list Warnock might be tempted, he is a good manager but it will be tough for him to take on Pompey, he will be thrown right in at the deep end...

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
talking about Warnock,

he has done really well at Sheff Utd (the blades right?), its a case of can he achieve more or has he took them as far as he can take them? personally, i think he will stay unless the club say bye to him, i think he will stay cos i think he wants to take them up big time. if he can do it, i dunno. sometimes its a case of, how long do you wnat to flog a dead horse.

and well, if he took the Pompey job, hes just going to be back in the Championship division

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
talking about Warnock,

he has done really well at Sheff Utd (the blades right?), its a case of can he achieve more or has he took them as far as he can take them? personally, i think he will stay unless the club say bye to him, i think he will stay cos i think he wants to take them up big time. if he can do it, i dunno. sometimes its a case of, how long do you wnat to flog a dead horse.

and well, if he took the Pompey job, hes just going to be back in the Championship division

Hey c'mon we survived the last 2 seasons we can sure as hell survive this season especially with Perrin gone now.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
any news on who the new man is going to be?

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
MM really wants Neil Warnock but their are other options if Warnock turns down (see my first post)

join