It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Pompey to sign O'brien?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has confirmed that Portsmouth are closing on the signing of defender Andy O'Brien. The Republic of Ireland stopper started a credible 32 times for the North East outfit last season, but looks to be on his way to Fratton Park.

"I can confirm that Portsmouth have an interest in Andy O'Brien but, as far as I'm aware, nothing has been agreed yet," said Souness.

LINK

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Portsmouth have completed the signing of Andy O'Brien from Newcastle.

The Republic of Ireland international had been locked in talks with Pompey over the weekend after both clubs agreed a fee of £1.5 million for his signature,

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness is willing to let O'Brien leave Tyneside as he plans for a busy rebuilding programme at St James' Park.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

TRD

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Not a bad signing, quite surprised he went to Pompey..

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Good signing for them , he is pretty good.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
he was linked to celtic incase big bobo left, but since hes staying i think we didnt want him anymore.

i guess hes ok, and at the price of 1.5 it aint bad business

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
thats a good capture, they have some decent defenders in primus and de zeeuw but stefanovic is naff and they needed some cover.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly
thats a good capture, they have some decent defenders in primus and de zeeuw but stefanovic is naff and they needed some cover.

Stef was good not naff(i thought) O'Brien is sort of cover cos our defence is ageing a bit i reckon De Zeuw may retire early he only has 1 season left in him i guess, but he's a gr8 defender and loyal Capt

[Edited on 04/10/03 by drunk]

top topics

join