It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Milan happy at Saints flop

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric has shown little sympathy for former manager Harry Redknapp after he failed to save Southampton from the drop. The Pompey supremo made a number of crucial decisions for the club over the past 12 months and is pleased he has proved the doubters wrong.

Mandaric brought in Velimir Zajec at the back end of last year that forced then manager Redknapp to call time on his tenure at Fratton Park. Redknapp then joined bitter rivals Southampton, but was unable to prevent the St Mary's outfit from avoiding the drop from The Premiership.

LINK

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Brilliant, way to rub it in mate.

TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hehe, i bet he was pissin himself with laughter.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Very strange situation this one, Harry lost out in the end.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I am glad Stains are in the Championship now, most of the Stains fans r bigheaded and had been gloating that there team are the number 1 club in the South, now look whos gloating
hope they slip down another division, that should ateach them a lesson.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i gotta agree, he is rubbing it in lol

i would like to see the face on Redknapps face lol

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Funny how things work out in the end. Pompey have a much better side the Southampton anyway. Well they did have, it will be interesting to see how they do now the Yak has gone.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
They could struggle, it will depend on who they bring in. The manager looks half decent though so it could work out OK.

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
He can take his glory and revel in Southampton being relegated, but it could be their turn next season.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Counting chickens! Would be funny if they were both in the Championship.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
haha! yer, i reckon southampton will be down there for a few seasons now.

I dont think they any better than West Ham, Notts Forest, Leicester teams like that who hae been premiership material.

pompey, they aint exaclty a mid table team and selling the yak, they lost there best player. can they improve from last seaon cos if they cant, i reckon they down

new topics

top topics

join