It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Pompey want smertin back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Portsmouth are ready to make a new bid for Alexei Smertin.

The Russian spent a highly successful spell on loan at Fratton Park last season.

He then returned to Chelsea for his first campaign at Stamford Bridge and has done well in a variety of positions.

Pompey are now ready to try and tempt Chelsea to sell them the 29-year-old.

link

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I guess he is surplas to requirements and Chelsea are going after more players in the summer. So i don't see why he won't be allowed to leave..

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
do we know why smertin went back in the first place? lol. but yip, i cant see any reason why not, hes been there and liked it. and i dont think chelsea wil want much money, and again, it could be a loan deal

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
He played alot of games at the start of the season, I think he is a decent pro. Would obviously be a star at Pompey.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
yer, he has got a good repuation, something like the eastern makelele his name was i think when he was in france? if it was there lol..

at chelsea, he aint as good as the rest, i think he captian of his coutry too... but yip. at pompey, i think he would be one of their star players

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
In his position at Chelsea I think only Makelale is better, nobody else there is as good as Smertin, plus he can carry and distribute the ball so doesn't always have to play a holding role.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i dunno, they have that guy jarosik and he was really good at cska, he aint had that big a chance yet i dont think at chelsea.

how much did chelsea pay for him? it is something pompey could afford?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Having let go Stone and Paddy Berger(stoooopid stooopid thing to do) we now need 2 quality midfielders to fill their boots, but Perrin is a shrewd manager lets see who he signs.Actually we maybe in with a shout for Smertin.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by drunk]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
yer, if its true and if he aint in mourinho's plans, then yip, i think it could happen, he had a good spell there the last time and is guarentteed first team football. he will know the place (pompey) so i cant see it being that hard for him adapting there

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
i dunno, they have that guy jarosik and he was really good at cska, he aint had that big a chance yet i dont think at chelsea.

how much did chelsea pay for him? it is something pompey could afford?

Jarosik is rubbish lol He is never as good as Smertin.

top topics

join