It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Zajec must leave!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
and so should his husband Chalkias.

I must admit when i heard we we had signed another keeper, i was bemused cos we already have Shaka (who i think is a gr8 keeper) and Ashdown(who has proved he has what it takes to cut it in the prem) Then i heard he was from club Panathaniakos, i was like cooool, but after seeing him TRY to keep goal what a let down this clown is.
We also spent around 1 mill on a new striker(Rodic) a possible replacement for but he has only palyed about 70 mins so far after his arrival i mean wheres the logic in that spendin 1 mill on a player and giving 70 mins out of of football fro say 5 Bloody games.
Now we come to Skopelitisfor some strange reason nicknamed "skippy" by Pompey Skippy from what i have seen is probably the shrewdest Zajec signing i saw him play against Arsenal and he looked good when he's tackled he gets str8 back up and gets on with game and he the best attribute he has is that he can tackle and aint afraid to do it too.

Wow thiat was the longest post i have made ever!

TRD

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Jeeze Drunk you feeling ok?

Took me ages to read that..

I thought Rodic was meant to be pretty good. Why is he not playing him?

Things are not going to great and i would out him for sure, he is not a manager well ok he is but not a very good one...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Jeeze Drunk you feeling ok?

Took me ages to read that..

i 2nd that hehe.....

thought i was going to have to print it out, read it over the next few days

TRD

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric has stressed his desire to appoint a head coach with a proven track record by the end of next month to oversee team affairs.

Ex-Chelsea and Valencia boss Claudio Ranieri has also been touted for a return to the Premiership with the Saints and while both men have the necessary credentials, Mandaric would not shed any light on who his intended targets may be.

LINK

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a link here with Ranieri. i cant see him being able to get the best out of the Pompey team. i think hes happy enough to do what the chairman tells him though

TRD

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think it would be a bit of a bad choice but you never know.. They might be in bad relegation trouble in one months time...

TRD

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Portsmouth are to rest keeper Kostas Chalkias for their weekend clash with in-form Newcastle United. The Greek import has been criticised in some quarters for his performances since arriving at Fratton Park and manager Velimir Zajec has decided to take him out of the firing line. With Pompey slipping dangerously close to the relegation picture, Zajec is determined to shake things up.

LINK

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
that must be some of the best news pompey fans have received this season. The guy obviously is a clown as i have said before lol to put shaka back in goal would be a good move, or even ashdown who isnt that bad

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
yer, hislop was good. is he still there?

i just remember the nickname...'shaky hislop' cos he did the occasion silly thing, like david james.

yer, this keeper whos playing though, i guess everyteam needs a donkey

at celtic, there a guy called david fernandez, he came of the bench once with pizza in his hair and was half asleep, he got 10 mins and then got subbed

[Edited on 3/17/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
who played in goal for pompey today?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a guy called ashdown is in goals, and the dud is on the bench. its 1 -1 at the minute

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
lol nice coincidence

when chalkias is out of goal, ashdown plays and portsmouth end a losing rot. Considering this was against a team who had won like 8 consecutive games, that is a solid point

[Edited on 3/19/05 by dilly]

new topics

top topics

join