It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Eyal issues quit threat

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Eyal Berkovic could be set to quit Portsmouth, admitting the end of Harry Redknapp's reign at the club has left him seeking a new home.

The Israeli star was livid at being relegated to a bit part player last week against West Brom, and did not even get off the bench in a draw against Newcastle on Saturday.

"Nobody knows what is going on," Berkovic told the News of the World.

"We haven't a clue what is going to happen and I only played 10 minutes of [the West Brom] match.

"Anybody who know me knows that I don't like that.

"My career is not at the beginning, it is coming to the end. So it is only natural that I should consider my options.

"I have reached the stage in my career where I don't talk as much.

"I just turn up for training, enjoy myself as much as I can and go home.

"But all things end - and this will too."

Skysports

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
He's obviously crap then if the boss VZ reckons he isnbt good enough thats VZ and JJ's decision.

TRD

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Since when has Berkovic been crap?

Just looks like he is not in their plans and its time to move on...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
not sure how he has done for portsmouth but hes a alrite player. not the grafter which a team needs but for through balls and that bit creatitivy he does it well.

the vision of john hartson kicking him in the head i still remember though. the wild west ham

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Since when has Berkovic been crap?

Just looks like he is not in their plans and its time to move on...

well he hasnt featured in the starting line -up so that means he aint very good, his confidencehas obviously dropped, when your confidence drops your form drops.

TRD

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

well he hasnt featured in the starting line -up so that means he aint very good

Since when did it mean that? C'mon you cant be serious...

The likely reason is that he has feel out of favour or they think they have better players than him. Just beacause he doesn't start, doesn't mean he is crap.

Does Saha, Alan Smith, Bergkamp, Fletcher, Edu.. plus i could name tons more start every game? According to your reasoning they must all be not very good.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Originally posted by drunk

well he hasnt featured in the starting line -up so that means he aint very good

Since when did it mean that? C'mon you cant be serious...

The likely reason is that he has feel out of favour or they think they have better players than him. Just beacause he doesn't start, doesn't mean he is crap.

Does Saha, Alan Smith, Bergkamp, Fletcher, Edu.. plus i could name tons more start every game? According to your reasoning they must all be not very good.

Obviouisly they aint at their best so they arent starters.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
looks like he might be going back to isreal

Maccabi Tel Aviv are ready to make an approach for Israeli star Eyal Berkovic, according to reports in his homeland.

The Portsmouth midfielder has proved a useful weapon when coming off the bench in recent games but is being tipped to leave the South Coast outfit during January's transfer window.

Coach Nir Klinger realises the arrival of one of the country's most famous footballing sons would be a major shot in the arm for Tel Aviv, with rivals Maccabi Haifa well ahead in the domestic title race.

link

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
wonder if harry will raid them for berkovic? i doubt he would cost much

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
wonder if harry will raid them for berkovic? i doubt he would cost much

There is talk of this.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
yer, i was thinking they where together at west ham, and at portsmouth, i think they have a bond

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Maybe they are gay

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
he looks set to leave

Eyal Berkovic is set to confirm his departure from Portsmouth.

The Israeli is understood to have agreed to terminate his contract by mutual consent.

Berkovic did have 18-months left on his current deal, but has come to agreement with chairman Milan Mandaric.

The 32-year-old former Celtic star will now take a short break before deciding what his next career move will be - although retirement is not thought to be an option.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

TRD

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It looks like he has finally found a club and i guess he will end his playing days there. He wasn't that bad a player, i remember seeing him play at Upton Park and he had more good games than bad.

Former Portsmouth midfielder Eyal Berkovic has found a new club after joining Maccabi Tel Aviv. The Israeli international has been looking for a new club since quitting Fratton Park in January. Berkovic has inked a one-year deal with Maccabi and he is delighted to be back playing in his homeland again.

LINK

new topics

top topics

join