It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Yak wants to stay!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yea i guess he is trying to keep him at least. Thing is the Yak might be happy enough to stay, so unless a 'silly' bid comes in that the club couldn't refuse then he is still a Pompey player..

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Yea i guess he is trying to keep him at least. Thing is the Yak might be happy enough to stay, so unless a 'silly' bid comes in that the club couldn't refuse then he is still a Pompey player..

Yeah exactly as i said i honestly cant see him here next season though

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i feel the same on that one drunk, if he dont go during this window, in the summer, i think something is going to happen.

i think he will stay at the team till the summer though, and get a good money for him then.

we are saying only the top 3 can really afford him, but they have strikers and i cant see any of them adding the yak to there teams.

an outside bet for me is barcelona lol. they want a striker who can play and got skill.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82

we are saying only the top 3 can really afford him, but they have strikers and i cant see any of them adding the yak to there teams.

an outside bet for me is barcelona lol. they want a striker who can play and got skill.

Yeah thats what i thought the top 3 have great strikers.

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Man U are a bit stuffed at the moment due to buying Rooney for 30 mill...So they havnt got that much spare cash to throw about. Arsenal havn't got the money anymore due to the stadium being built, thats why they might get rid of a couple to bring in new faces.

Only one would be Chelsea and maybe Liverpool..

So unless them two sign him he wont be goiing to an English club.

Only thing i can think of is that soon Arsenal will need another striker, they would really want Defoe but the Yak may be going to the Gooners next season..

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Portsmouth star Yakubu Aiyegbeni has confirmed he would leave the club if they accepted an offer for him.

The Nigerian striker is the subject of intense interest and it seems a move in January is a distinct possibility.

Pompey chief Velimir Zajec has confirmed that the club would be prepared to sell the 22-year-old - for the right price.

Aiyegbeni now admits that he wants the chance to play in Europe for a big club.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Heh, i wondered how long it would be before he said he wouldn't mind going.

I wonder how long it will be now before he asks for a transfer?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
He also said that if we can reach Europe(no chance yet) then he will stay.

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Newcastle look set to tie up the signing of Portsmouth striker Yakubu this weekend as they edge towards the Fratton Park club's 10m valuation.

The Magpies have reportedly offered 7.5m and the Nigerian is keen to make the move to St James' Park as quickly as possible.

Birmingham are also prepared to match that figure but Yakubu prefers the switch to Tyneside.

The 22-year-old ace has scored 31 goals in 68 league appearances since joining Pompey from Maccabi Haifa in January 2003.

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
if he was saying he would stay there at pompey if they got in to europe. but looks set to leave for newcastle. it cant be about europe. it looks like newcastle wont get in lol

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Newcastle are below us, Newcastle wont make Europe will they??

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They will most prob be above you after today, but yeah they will be hard pushed to make europe this season.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
They will most prob be above you after today, but yeah they will be hard pushed to make europe this season.

Yep you were and are right TRD! me thinks its another releGAYtion scrap at the end of the season.

TRD

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Newcastle's hopes of landing Portsmouth striker Aiyegbeni Yakubu remain in the balance despite claims that the deal is already done. Manager Graeme Souness, who belatedly admitted his interest in the player earlier this week, has insisted the deal is not finalised.

There have been suggestions Yakubu's agent Pini Zahavi has flown out to Israel to tie up a sell-on clause with the 22-year-old's former club Maccabi Haifa.

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i hope he doesnt go and it mucks souness plans up lol

Sir

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hehe who's being a biatch lol!

Great player and they need to make their minds up as it might affect his performance.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
yer. its getting to the stage when something has to sorted out, this kind of thing cant be doing the clubs nor player any good the more and more it drags on

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Been reading BBC message boards and it looks like Yakubu will be staying until the end of the season, i honestly cant see him goingto Newcastle in a double deal with Faye Newcaslte offered 10 mill for both of them! YAK IS WORTH MORE THAN THAT ALONE!

[Edited on 04/10/03 by drunk]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yak is only worth as much as someone will pay, 10million is about the right price for him. Newcastle was taking the piss with 10million for both..

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
Yak is only worth as much as someone will pay, 10million is about the right price for him. Newcastle was taking the piss with 10million for both..

Tooo bloody right!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join