It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Strachan frontrunner for Managers job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The Sun have said placed Gordon Strachan as hot favourite for the vacant magers job at Pompey.

I'd like to see 1 of 3 people Gordon Strachan, Gerrard Houlier and Sir Bobby Robson get the job,but most Strachan i like him he did wonders for Saints when he was in charge and is used to wheeling and dealing on a tight budget as he did at Southampton, Houllier and Sir Bobby are used to having millions to spend.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by drunk]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
he has ruled himself out the picture, looking like the zejec guy will get it

"I had a cup of coffee in London with Gordon to discuss the matter. "Gordon has come to the conclusion at this part of his career that the timing is not right and he can't force himself to make the move from Southampton to Pompey so soon after leaving St Mary's," Brady told the club's official website.

"Therefore negotiations will not be concluded but Gordon nevertheless thinks this is a fantastic club with a wonderful atmosphere and he has the greatest respect for both.

"Furthermore he thanks the club for the constructive discussions and he wishes Portsmouth Football Club well in the future."

The news leaves the road clear for Velimir Zajec to take charge on a permanent basis after an impressive start as caretaker manager alongside Joe Jordan.

TRD

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
To be honest i would be surprised if Strachan did go there as he likes to have control of the teams and stuff. And by the looks of it at Pompey he wouldn't have that free reign...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
looks like he didnt join as he felt it werent the right thing to do with the fans and all. saying a backlash could happen

"It's got everything going for it but I've got too many memories of the other side and I don't want to sour those memories.

"Everything's right - it's 10 minutes (away), there are good players there, a good set-up, a good atmosphere at the ground, there's lots to do but it's not right for somebody who has just been the Southampton manager."

link

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I'd like to see 1 of 3 people...Gerrard Houlier...

Holy s@#t man!!! You're welcome to him.

He does seem to get linked with every managerless premiership side at the moment...fine by me, then hopefully he'll stop turning up at Anfield commentating for French TV...I'm convinced he's a jinx.

[Edited on 20/12/04 by John Nada]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

Originally posted by drunk
I'd like to see 1 of 3 people...Gerrard Houlier...

Holy s@#t man!!! You're welcome to him.

He does seem to get linked with every managerless premiership side at the moment...fine by me, then hopefully he'll stop turning up at Anfield commentating for French TV...I'm convinced he's a jinx.

[Edited on 20/12/04 by John Nada]

A jinx! You guys beat Newcastle at the weekend, GH would IMO would do well cos we are playing a continetal style football now:bounce:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
heres a thread for the new manager

click here to read thread about new manager

top topics

join