It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Schemmel leaves Pompey

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Portsmouth have terminated the contract of French full back Sebastien Schemmel by mutual consent.

The 29-year-old, who joined the Fratton Park club for an undisclosed fee from West Ham United last summer, leaves the South Coast club with a year left on his contract.

The former Metz player started only one match last season for Pompey after being forced to return to his homeland to look after his seriously ill mother-in-law.

Schemmel soon fell out of favour with manager Harry Redknapp and both the club and the player have since decided to end their association this week.

link

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
having played so few times for portsmouth i doubt he will be missed. shame about his situation though

TRD

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't get it with Schemmel....

He came to West Ham and played superb. We had Trevor Sinclair at the time aswell and them two combined so well together. Schemmel was voted Hammer of the year and he continued into the next season. When we got Roeder as the new manager he didn't seem to get on with him and just before Roeder left he got rid of Schemmel to Pompey. Now i know he has had family trouble but he is still a good player...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Bad move by Harry considering that Arjan DeZeuw will be out for up to 6 weeks and also loaning out John Curtis to Preston was a stupid move to.

TRD

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hrmm i didn't know that. They have no one else to cover?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The only cover is Matthew Taylor.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Schemmel was class for us, shame we let him go in the first place. I know he didn't play much for you guys but he can't be that much off the boil?

TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't know where he has even ended up.. Anyone know?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
According to the FanZone, up until the last two weeks he was trying to talk up a move back to West Ham, don't know if anything has happened though.

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well i would take him back for sure, he would be better on the right than Repka....

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
He is in talks with Strasbourg.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Repka is half decent
Doesn't look like he's coming back to us then.

TRD

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
He is in talks with Strasbourg.

Yeah i see that in the paper today, he is having a trial at the moment.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
According to their website, he's signed already?

TRD

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah? it was only yesterday they said he was having a week long trial.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Maybe he impressed

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well who wouldn't be? He is a solid enough player...

TRD

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Peter Reid has confirmed that former Portsmouth player Sebastien Schemmel is at Coventry City, but insists that he is just taking a closer look at the player.

Schemmel is a free agent after being released by Pompey and would be allowed to sign for The Sky Blues, despite the transfer restrictions.

Reid confirmed that the player was training with the first team and admits he is impressed with what he has seen so far.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yeah Schemmel is a good player we never saw the best of him cos of his family problems meant he kept going back to France.

new topics

top topics

join