It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Portsmouth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Apparantly we have signed Senegalese international Amdy Faye (according to teamtalk) who is he? and is it a true report?

TRD

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey Drunk well if you have signed him well thats another player i dont know anything about...LOL I have never heard of him so i havnt a clue as to what he is like..

Is the Anderton deal still on???

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yeah thats what i heard they still want Dazza but maybe for next year(if we stay up)

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   
We sign Sebastian Schemmel from West Ham he's supposed to be a hard nut is it true?

TRD

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Seb is a great player i cant believe we let him go,for nothing aswell..I know we didnt pay alot for him but hey 2 seasons ago he was hammer of the year and rated in the 3-4 million mark,he had the bust up with the club and got find for leaking info on Kanoute and Cole but hey who wouldnt...

Portsmouth have got a cracking player in Schemmell,their best signing to date easily..

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Portsmouth fear that last season's top scorer Svetoslav Todorov could be out long term after scans revealed knee ligament damage.

The Bulgarian is certainly out of Pompey's Premiership debut at home to Aston Villa on Saturday after being injured in training on Thursday.

Nigerian youngsters Yakubu Aiyegbeni is likely to replace Todorov, who hit 26 goals in last season's First Division championship-winning campaign, and he is set to partner new signing Teddy Sheringham.

Other new boys Patrik Berger, Sebastien Schemmel, Dejan Stefanovic, Boris Zivkovic, Amdy Faye and goalkeeper Harald Wapenaar are all likely to make their bows as well, while Linvoy Primus, Tim Sherwood and Matthew Taylor are all nursing injuries.

Team (from): Wapenaar; Schemmel, Stefanovic, Foxe, Zivkovic, Stone, Faye, Quashie, Berger, Sheringham, de Zeeuw, O'Neil, Pericard, Hughes, Robinson, Hislop.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Harry Redknapp claims he will be unable to afford to sign Eyal Berkovic for Portsmouth.

However, few long-time observers of Redknapp's negotiating style will be too surprised if Portsmouth make a modest bid early next week.

Israeli international midfielder Berkovic has handed in a written transfer request at City, and is believed to be keen to link up again with Redknapp - who he worked with at West Ham.

Pompey boss Redknapp is also keen on Berkovic but says the finances of any deal might be a stumbling block.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Auxerre have confirmed their Senegal international midfielder Amdy Faye has joined Barclaycard Premiership newcomers Portsmouth.

Faye has signed a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee after choosing Portsmouth instead of Premiership rivals Middlesbrough who had also registered their interest in a player who was contracted to the Burgundy club until 2005.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Portsmouth are set to sign Argentinian defender Juan Pablo Sorin, after he was released by Barcelona.

Sorin should have returned to Brazilian side Cruzeiro - where he played before moving to the Spanish giants - but he wants to stay in Europe.

And Cruzeiro already have two foreign players in their team - the maximum allowed in the Brazilian league.

According to Cruzeiro vice-president Zeze Perrella, Portsmouth would pay 1.8 million euros for 50% of Sorin's transfer, leaving the other half with the Brazilian club.

The player now only has to sort out personal terms with the Premiership new boys.

Perrella said: "It's an interesting proposal, because Sorin could perform well there and increase his value.

"He could then to be sold to another European team in the future."

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Portsmouth have admitted defeat in their bid to sign Wimbledon youngsters Joel McAnuff and Nigel Reo-Coker.

Pompey believed they were on the verge of signing the pair earlier this summer but Wimbledon's financial plight put their move in doubt.

Wimbledon's administrators were reluctant to authorise any move and now Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie has given up hope of signing the pair.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Grimsby have signed defender Jason Crowe after he was released by Portsmouth.

The 24-year-old has signed a two-year deal after impressing in a pre-season trial with the Mariners.

Blundell Park boss Paul Groves has also snapped up Mike Edwards.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Derby have signed Portsmouth striker Lee Bradbury on a month's loan.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Southend have signed striker Luke Nightingale on a one-month deal after his release by Portsmouth.

The 22-year-old's spell at Fratton Park - where he began his career - became stalled in recent years due to injuries and he was given a free transfer at the end of last season.

After a spell training with Southend, boss Steve Wignall signed Nightingale on a short-term deal giving him the chance to earn a longer-term contract if he impresses.

TRD

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Portsmouth beat Villa

Portsmouth 2 Aston Villa 1 FT
Sheringham 42 Barry pen 84
Berger 63

Attend: 20,101 Half-time: 1-0

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Portsmouth beat Villa

Portsmouth 2 Aston Villa 1 FT
Sheringham 42 Barry pen 84
Berger 63

Attend: 20,101 Half-time: 1-0

Git beat me to it!!

ANYWAY YES YES YES YES YES !

Gr8 start though i saw the game on the telly it was rather scrappy i thought but a win is a win.

TRD

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You have to be quick when im around...lol

Yeah good win for Portsmouth and Harry lets hope they can put a run together..

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Man City 1 - Portsmouth 1

A first half goal by the "yak" was not enough for us to see off Man City we got nervy near the end, however we held on to the goal until injury time when David Sommeill equalised.

On these 2 recent games i reckon we can survive,but then again we havnt played Man U, Chelsea ,Arsenal or Liverpool yet.

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hrmmm they should have beat Man C lucky goal right at the end,should have been 3 points to Pompey all the way..

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Harry Redknapp was warned Portsmouth's multi-millionaire chairman Milan Mandaric that their club risks sinking into Premiership oblivion unless more new signings are made to bolster the squad before next Sunday's transfer deadline.

Despite an unbeaten start to their first season in the top flight for 14 years, Pompey manager Redknapp fears the lack of depth in his squad will drag them down again once injuries and suspensions inevitably begin to bite.

Serbian businessman Mandaric may not have the financial clout of Roman Abramovich at Chelsea, but he has already indulged wheeler-dealer Redknapp to the tune of an extra �15million on the wage bill in making nine new signings this summer and 22 in all since he took over from sacked Graham Rix at the start of last season.

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
On the news front....

Portsmouth agree �2million deal with Cruzerio for Juan Pablo Sorin.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join