It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Portsmouth

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ok drunk check your u2u you got your avatar!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Cheers TRD it is also my avatar on ATS:bounce::bounce:

TRD

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
No probs....

Lets hope it's ya lucky mascot for next season!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yeah need some luck for next season

TRD

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Middlesbrough manager Steve McClaren has confirmed his interest in Portsmouth striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni. Middlesbrough are leading the chase for the highly-rated Nigerian international.Aiyegbeni's future at Pompey is uncertain as they only part own him after taking him from Israeli outfit Maccabi Haifa.McClaren is on the look-out for a new striker and he impressed the Boro chief while scoring four goals in the 5-1 demolition of The Teessiders last weekend.Portsmouth face a fight to hold on to Aiyegbeni and a sizeable offer from Middlesbrough could see him move on.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yeah Pompey will only sell him if they are offered at least 6 million pounds ,actually they dont part own him they fully own him they paid a nimoal sum for him at the end of their 1st Div campaign sorry TRD b ut where did you get the info on Pompey only part owning him

TRD

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Middlesbrough who are said to be offering 4.4 million, appear to have discovered that Portsmouth only own Aiyegbeni partly and thus cannot foreclose his movement. It must have been when they signed him for a nominal fee that pompey could take up the offer to sign him fully for a few million on top. You never know what deals have been done behind the scenes eh?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You're right but i am sure they fully own him. www.pompeyfc.co.uk... other wise the other half who own him would want to cash in immeidiately at the first sniff of money.

Or try this soccernet.espn.go.com...

It does say at the end "made his move permanent"

[Edited on 04/10/03 by drunk]

TRD

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Yea it will be interesting to find out why they are saying that he is only part owned. It must be true as Pompey havn't come out and said otherwise.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Team talk are saying that Yakubu is half owned b y Macabi Haifa
i dunno what or who to believe now :bnghd:

TRD

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well i did tell you the other day. I do get things wrong from time to time but i was sure of it. I wonder what sort of deal they did then?

TRD

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Portsmouth have made Newcastle defender Andy Griffin their first signing of the close season. The 25-year-old full-back has signed a four-year contract at Fratton Park after joining from the Magpies on a Bosman free transfer.

TRD

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie has confirmed Pompey are keen on landing Reading keeper Jamie Ashdown.
The 23-year-old is out of contract in the summer when the two-and-a-half year deal he penned at the back end of 2001 expires.

Pompey are keen to strengthen their goalkeeping options, after handing a trial to Belgium Under-21 international goalkeeper Silvio Proto earlier this month.

TRD

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp is desperate to keep Nigerian hot shot Yakubu Aiyegbeni as the club close in on a transfer agreement with Maccabi Haifa.
Pompey have been haggling with the Israeli side in a bid to ensure they obtain full rights to Aiyegbeni, who has attracted the interest of Premiership rivals Middlesbrough.

The South Coast club's chief executive Peter Storrie has spent two days in Israel this week attempting to reach an accord with Maccabi.

Maccabi are understood to be entitled to 50 percent of any future transfer fee under the terms of the deal which took Aiyegbeni to Fratton Park on a permanent basis last summer.

Storrie's discussions are believed to have progressed satisfactorily, with Aiyegbeni reportedly having been priced in the 6 million bracket.

That means Pompey will have to shell out 3 million to fully secure the African powerhouse, a figure which is within their range.

Aiyegbeni scored 16 goals in his debut season in The Premiership, including 11 in his last ten appearances, and is being courted by Middlesbrough.

www.skysports.com...

TRD

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Portsmouth could offer Leicester City goalkeeper Ian Walker the chance to stay in The Premiership.
Walker recently admitted he was happy to stay with The Foxes despite the club's relegation back to Division One.

The 32-year-old has spent three years with the East Midlands outfit and is eager to remain loyal to Micky Adams' side.

But Pompey manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed he is interested in signing Walker, who will be England's third-choice keeper at Euro 2004.

Redknapp is looking to add to his goalkeeping options and is also planning a move to bring Reading shot-stopper Jamie Ashdown to Fratton Park.

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has revealed his ideal striking line-up for next season - with Paul Dickov and Lomana Lualua topping his wish-list.

Redknapp wants both Leicester's Dickov and Lualua - who was on loan with the club last season from Newcastle - in his ranks to link up with Yakubu Ayegbeni and Ivica Mornar.

He needs more strike power with Svatislav Todorov and Vincent Pericard battling against long-term injuries.

Redknapp told the Portsmouth News: "Hopefully we can keep Yakubu and get Lualua and Dickov. Then with Ivica Mornar, we will have four strikers."

TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Portsmouth midfielder Eyal Berkovic says he will retire when his Fratton Park contract expires in two years.

"I'm scared of the day my career will come to an end," the 32-year-old said in the Hebrew daily Maariv.

"I love football but I promised my wife I would stop at 34. Players who carry on at 38 are only in it for the money."

The Israel international started his career with Maccabi Haifa, before joining Southampton, West Ham, Celtic, Blackburn and Manchester City.

TRD

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Portsmouth will discover on Monday whether Leicester defender Ben Thatcher will join them or Manchester City.
City looked to have made a successful last-minute bid to snatch Thatcher away from Pompey.

But Thatcher has agreed to let both clubs know his decision after thinking things over during the weekend.

TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Fulham are believed to be attempting to lure Amdy Faye from Portsmouth.

Chris Coleman has been impressed with the impact made by the leggy midfielder at Fratton Park following his move last year from Auxerre.

The 27-year-old from Senegal could make a surprise switch to the capital as French sources claim contact has already been made by The Cottagers.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I am getting very annoyed Harry Redknapp not only did he miss out on Ben Thatcher now he has missed outon Marcus Bent the only signing we have is Andy Griffin and the season will soon start again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join