It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middlesbrough: Yak to Boro?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yakubu Aiyegbeni's move to Middlesbrough from Portsmouth has edged closer to completion after he agreed personal terms.

The Nigerian international travelled to Teesside on Monday to discuss terms and undergo a medical.

Boro have now struck a deal with Aiyegbeni who will complete his move to The Riverside when the transfer window opens next month.

link

[Edited on 5/16/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ie heard he has just agreed a deal, well you could see his heart was not in it at Portsmouth any more and the lure of European Football pushed it too far for him. The question is wil he be a success at Middlesbrough?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i think this will end maccaroni stay at the Riverside.

he is good, he wont be top dog at there though? they have a few high profile players like Hasselbaink, and that other striker, forgot who he is.

Pompey sure are going to miss him,

and ideas how much he went for? i doubt Boro would have paid anything more than 6 million

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It was £6.5 million in the end, which is a fair price i think.

And is Maccarone still there? I think this signing will force out Nemeth as well or Job from the riverside

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
yer, the italian dud still lurks those corridors lol hes off to an italian team for sure i reckon

i quite like Job, hes an ok player same with nemeth, but they aint as good as the yak.

i wonder with 6.5 being splashed on him, how many other signings boro can make

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly
It was £6.5 million in the end, which is a fair price i think.

And is Maccarone still there? I think this signing will force out Nemeth as well or Job from the riverside

I think that is more likely, Job will go, as for Nemeth he does well when he comes in but isn't the sort of player I would trust in big games.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
he is different from hasselbaink and viduka, as he has the pace and i think better at dribbling and running at players.

who do you see him parterning up front?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yakubu and Jimmy.

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Great signing, the Yak has proved he can score goal in the Prem and its definatly a step up from Portsmouth.

new topics

top topics

join