It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middlesbrough: Downing's Boro exit fear

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing says the summer signing of Boudewijn Zenden's made him consider his future at The Riverside. The 20-year-old, who has been revelation for Boro this season, was concerned that the Dutchman's permanent deal with the North East club would see him compete with Zenden on the left-hand side. However, Boro boss Steve McClaren has used the new England cap on the left wing while Zenden has been moved into a central midfield role.

LINK

Sir

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I don't know how long Boro' will be able to hang on to him to be honest. He already has an England cap and his form for Boro' this season has been outstanding. If Giggs was to leave in the summer he would be an ideal replacement for him.

TRD

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I can't see him staying there for too long if he keeps progressing the way he is. One of the big clubs will come in for him for sure.

Sir

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Clubs will be monitoring him and will watch how he progresses. In todays market they will most prob have to pay quite a bit for him as it seems young talent are commanding a big fee..

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i think i read hes happy there, and he never wants to leave,

by the soudns of if it, hes a boro man through and through

Sir

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yeah he seems to want to stay, but the lure of a big club may prove to much. There is not alot of loyalty in todays game. If he does stay for quite a few years then you wouldn't blame him if he left if Middlesborough fail to do any good.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
yip. at the moment hes getting games, which makes him more experienced. a few more year there wont do him any harm. then if boro are doing crap. or lets say the manager gets sacked and he isnt wanted he can leave.

if he does keep progressing though, i doubt he could be blamed if boro dont go on to challenge for better things

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
He is already tapped up for Utd don't worry about that.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Middlesbrough starlet Stewart Downing has dismissed suggestions that he is seeking a move away from Teesside.

Media speculation had linked England international Downing with a move to Tottenham before he broke the silence.

The Middlesbrough-born winger assured fans that he is happy at The Riverside and wants nothing more than to lift the club into The Premiership's top four.

source

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Give it a few years and he will be wearing the real Red of the Devils.

new topics

top topics

join