It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middlesbrough: Ehiogu still out!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Middlesbrough defender Ugo Ehiogu is set for at least another three weeks on the sidelines.

Boro boss Steve McClaren has confirmed that Ehiogu will miss the club's next three games with a troublesome calf problem.

The former Aston Villa star picked up the injury against Birmingham earlier this month when making his comeback from a back injury.

Ehiogu will now almost certainly miss Boro's games with Chelsea, Manchester United and Banik Ostrava over the coming weeks.

McClaren, though, is hopeful that Spanish star Gaizka Mendieta - who has a similar calf problem - could be back next week.

link

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i remember when him and southgate where in villa's defensive, they where so hard to get by. hes a good defender in my view, and will do a good job when hes back

they got that chris riggot too, so they got options and mendieta coming back, now that is good news

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ugo Ehiogu is back on the comeback trail following a turnout for Middlesbrough reserves on Tuesday night.

The England centre-back as been out of action for three weeks since tearing a calf muscle in the Premiership clash with Birmingham.

But he gave manager Steve McClaren a welcome boost by coming through 90 minutes unscathed.

However Ehiogu could do nothing to stop Boro reserves slipping to a 3-1 defeat against Manchester City at Central Avenue.

City's goals came from Bradley Wright-Phillips and Christian Negouai, while the Teessiders grabbed a consolation through striker Danny Graham - his sixth goal in seven games.

Ehiogu will now have his sights on Boro's Premiership trip to Blackburn a week on Saturday.

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I bet they are glad to get him back, one thing though is that i don't think he will get back in the England side...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wouldn't be anywhere near it, there would have to be a massive injury crisis for him to make it.

top topics

join