It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Can Fabio make Real great again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Fabio Capello has finally took over at Real Madrid which is his 2nd spell at the club.

Personally i think he is one of the best managers there is, at Milan he had an amazing team. Then at Real winning the league in his first season, then off to Roma and built a very good team again. Then won the league twice with Juve but now hes left them as Juve are about to go down to Seria C

With him taking over at Real, there is talk Fabio Cannavaro is going to join, along with Zambrotta and Milans Kaka. There was talk of Robben moving but that was just the papers talking.

Buffon is being linked but i can't see why Real would sign him as Casillas is good enough

It will be interesting to see who signs, bearing in mind there is loads of good players available but i think this could be Real back in business!

WikiPedia on Capello = en.wikipedia.org...

[Edited on 7/8/06 by rynaldo82]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
For Real to get back into busines they will need to make the team much junger then it is now , even canavarro is nearly 32 years old

They need to get rid of ronaldo and let robinho play more also becks needs to go i think

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Yeah, the main stars they have are on the older side.

I also think Capello prefers to play a 5-3-2. That was certainly his formation at Roma and most of the time at Juventus.

At long last they have a holding midfielder in Emerson.

Not sure what will happen with the strikers.

Ronaldo, Robinho, Baptista, Raul and Cassano! i don't think he got along with Cassano much though at Roma. Out of them i would say Baptista is the worst. Ronaldo well, i still think if you could get the best out of him he would be great. But thats like asking a cat to do your shopping, very unlikely.

Capello has came out and said Beckham is part of his plans but for how long i wonder

join