It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Clyde want Gazza + numan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Ex-England midfielder Paul Gascoigne has been offered the chance to become a player-coach of Scottish side Clyde.

The 38-year-old left a similar role at Boston last October and has since been linked with clubs in the UK and abroad.

Bully Wee boss Graham Roberts - also a former Tottenham and Rangers player - approached Gascoigne at an exhibition game for ex-Old Firm players in May.

source

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
i dunno, it seems like a wild attempt to be honest. Clyde are sooo skint and i dont think any of there players are on full term contracts. But there is a golf course nearyby so it might happen lol

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If Clyde are really poor and stuff then they are doing a great job considering. They have come 2nd and 3rd in Scotlands second division right so good luck to them. But if i was them i wouldnt want Gazza, he lasts 2minutes wherever he goes then walks out

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
of course Clyde do well. they are my next door neighbour lol. they just sign all the Junior players and most of them are good enough for their Division. Thats what they did when Maitland was there, and when he left the whole team left with him lol

yer, its a strange one, they wont get Numan, he does something these days.. and well.. i dunno about Gazza. They cant pay them cos they are soo skint

binmen, postment etc have been phoning up trials cos they will take any1 lol.

[Edited on 6/18/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If they were to finish top, would they hav the resources to ever be proomoted or would they be denied the opportunity

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
erm... to be promoted to the Top your stadium has to be bigger than 6000. and clyde used to be at 8008. i think its up to 9000 now though.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If their players are part time, do they have to become fully professional though?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
to be honest, i dont really know the answer to that one. I'l try find out though. i cant think of any part time players in the Top division.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Yeah it's like the Conference over here, you have to resign the players on pro contracts.

If they need players I'll go up for a trial, I can still do the magic at full-back lol

Gazza is too far gone, he has no real committment, this would be a quick gimmick for the club.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
hehe..

they got like 4000 people with trials when they did there advert, they will prob stay up though cos the last two seasons peopel thought they would be in trouble but they always seem to surive

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Still think I could get a game.

new topics

top topics

join