It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Womens Euro Footy Championship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Dont know whether anyone is aware of this, but england are currently playing in the womens championship and with 9 minutes to go, England are 2-1 up on Finland

BBC 2 has the match live

[Edited on 6/5/05 by dilly]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
is womans football big in europe?

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just putting it on now, forgot it was on. England was odds on favourites to win...

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
OMG...........

Finland score with just over 2 mins to go, to make it 2-2... Then England scored in the last minute 3-2 great goal!!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You beat me to it, i was just going to say it but was watching round my sisters hehe scored by a 17 year old Karen Carney

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Womens footy is bigger in the States, but is growing more so in Europe and over here. The dominant force of womens footy is Arsenal Womens

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yeah alot of the English clubs have a womens side.. Didn't Arsenal ladies win some trophy the other week?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
they were league winners and charlton were the fa cup winners but arsenal also won the league cup

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ahh yea, i knew they won something... I wonder if there ever will be mixed leagues?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Erm would love to see it, but probably not yet. Females kicking males in the nuts, thats a tempting thought

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
On the topic of arsenal ladies:

www.arsenal.com...

a bit of news to look at

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hehe yea... I can't see why they can't have mixed leagues/teams.. My eldest daughter plays in a mixed side..

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Aww thats sweet but the physical fitness comes into it, unfortunately females cant keep up with men on average stamina wise

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
hehe.. i didnt see this

womans football is defintly starting to get more popular, and i checked the arsenal womans page, where you highlting the arsenal 6 - 2 score over fulham
lol

about the mixed football thing you mentioned about. and i hear what you saying about the stamina thing, well.. am pretty sure most woman footballers are fitter than Lennon lol..

if one of the female players got a bad tackle down, are they more liable to be injured? more severe injury i mean... also, would some of the guys want to be physical, they might let the woman players have more space.

do you get my meaning? lol

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Females basically do not have the physical strength of males because of their build yep, that is what i missed out thanks for highlighting it. That is more of a matter then physical fitness but one day it will happen *sigh* lol

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
when you look back the years, am pretty sure TRD can
, the days Best and Law where playing the game, it was sooo much more physical than it is in todays game, you would have said no chance and back then, was there womans football at all? well.. these days its debatle as to wether it could happen. maybe in 10/20 years down the line it could well be as its looking like at some point, the physcial aspect will go away, like, it would just be a foul or something like that

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
You play football to win so I can't see men taking it easy on women in mixed sides. Strength and conditioning would be the biggest differences, my pal played for Fulham Ladies and she was one of the most skillfull players I have seen so technique isn't a problem.

TRD

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I watched the game today, they was winning 1-0 against Denmark and lost it in the end 2-1...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It was a bad result, we missed an almost open goal just before they scored, going to be difficult to qualify now.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i seen a bit of the sweden vs england game. it does show that womans football has came on leaps and bounds recenlty.

But wow! there where some hot babes on the pitch!

<<   2 >>

join