It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Beckham to stay at Real

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
England captain David Beckham has rejected claims that he could be tempted by a return to The Premiership. The Real Madrid midfielder has endured constant speculation about his future since moving to Spain from Manchester United and again, talk has centred on a return to his homeland this summer. However, whilst Beckham admits that he is considering finishing his career in America - where he has just opened an academy - it seems unlikely the overtures of Chelsea or Arsenal would tempt him to quit Madrid.

LINK

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
an intresting thing he said was.. i have won stuff in England. i want to win stuff in Spain and the way Barcelona are going he might have to wait a while.

Sounds like he wants to finish his career in america too, sounds like its just another money deal

TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I see that Glazer has said that he wants to bring Beckham back to old trafford. The man is not stupid, he knows how much revenue it would bring in but would Fergie be happy to have him back?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
yip. i aint sure, it would make Fergie look stupid i would think. he got rid of him and he didnt really leave on good terms.

You can understand why it would be good for Glazer too happen, hes going to make money out of it no matter how much he pays, but Real will be thinking the same thing. He makes us money.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Beckham is a cash cow and Madrid know this.

As for winning things, two years and nothing, expect more of the same as Barca go back to domination in Spain. Madrid will be lucky to pick up the Kings Cup, unless they spend 100m in the summer!

Who would sign him based purely on football ability? He wouldn't fit into the Chelski team and Arsenal's game is based on pace and balls to feet, he has no pace and is noted for his crossing ability so can't see that working either. Plus you wouldn't pick him over Gilberto or Vieria in the centre.

TRD

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Beckham will most prob stay at Real. He's not going to do any better than there with the wages and money he earns. To be honest, Man U made a big mistake in selling him in the first place.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Man Utd made the right choice, his personal life was a liability to the club, they lost revenue but it didn't affect profits.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think when he went it did upset the balance of the team.

He did start to play better the more the season at Real went on, but with the latest affair he is meant to be having, he is a bit of a liability..

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Man Utd didn't have a defence which is what cost them at the start of that season, the formation wasn't right and they lost Scholes.

He star was fading before he went, he had two average seasons at Madrid, I can only think of a few games where he was class.

top topics

join