It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Hamburg target Lizarazu

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hamburg have confirmed that they are interested in signing Bayern Munich defender Bixente Lizarazu should he leave the Olympiastadion this summer. The 35-year-old former French international has been in great form since returning to Munich from Marseille in the winter transfer window but has yet to have been offered an extended deal by the German champions. Lizarazu's future at Bayern look uncertain with Philipp Lahm due to arrive at the club in the close-season.

Rest of story...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
this guy still cuts it at the top level, i was suprised bayern resigned him, i thought he was going to finish his career in france when he left them a few years back but hes back.

this guy lahm is good, but bayern signed tobias robias or something? a left back and hes never really got game cos of lizarzu, so he might be able to fight of the challenge yet again.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
He is far too old now, getting caught out like he never used to.

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
German international Philipp Lahm faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after he tore crucial ligaments in his right knee and will be unable to represent his country at the FIFA Confederations Cup which will start next month.

Bayern Munich reacted quickly to the bad news and announced that French veteran Bixente Lizarazu has signed a new one-year contract which ties him to the club until 2006.

LINK

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
sounds like luck for lizarzu, if this guy didnt get injured, was he out the door?

lahm is good but i think its just delaying his move, he will end up at Bayern, but next season, lizarzu will be too old and prob chuck it or move to france

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I think he will end up going back to France.

new topics

top topics

join