It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Hierro expects to retire

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It looks like he is going to pack it in when his contact expires at Bolton at the end of this season. At 37 he isn't getting any younger and it is starting to show with his lack of pace and such like. He has been a great player in his day and enjoyed his best moments at Real...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
yer. hes never been the quickest player either to be honest. at real, his was a top class player, was a real leader for them too..

he aint getting much games at bolton either, so i dont think they would miss him too much if he does decide to call it a day

TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think he has only started 4 games for Bolton and about 12 games or so comming on as sub. Big Sam said he could leave in the January transfer window but he wanted to stay..

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
yer, moving then, i doub there would be much point, give yourself a seaons and give it your best shot.

well..by the sounds of it, hes surplus to requirements

TRD

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
At his age he isnt going to find a club at the end of the season unless its in the far east or america, thats if he is really lucky. Best thing is for him to retire.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
hehe...he managed to find a club in the far east before that took him, and by the looks of it, he must have been passed it then

TRD

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
He played the other day and gave away a penatly, i watched it and he was well slow... More of a liability now and should definatly pack it in..

new topics

top topics

join