It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Andrei Shevchenko's surgery a success

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Andrei Shevchenko's surgery on his facial injury was a success with Milan hoping their star striker will be able to figure in the UEFA Champions League second leg with Manchester United. The Ukrainian suffered a double cheekbone and eye-socket fracture during the Serie A match with Cagliari at the weekend.

Having been immediately ruled out of the Old Trafford clash on Wednesday, Shevchenko could yet play in the return game wearing a protective mask. However, the psychological effects of the injury cannot be understated and Milan have refused to openly discuss a comeback date for the European Footballer of the Year.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
yer, it sounding at best, he will be ok for the return, but then again, they dont want any other things happening to him, as they are chasing the scudetto

crespo has being doing really well when he has been playing in his place, and has linked up reall well with kaka recently.

but theres no doubting, they will miss shevchenko

TRD

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
In the paper it said the injury could have been much worse and if it was a bit higher he could have died. I wonder how that will affect him as he must realise he was very lucky in a way...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
yer, if it was me, i know it would have scared the he11 out of me. it says right next to his eye socket fracture, it could have only been about a inch away from doing serious damage to his brain.

if he is to be fit but have to wear a mask for the return game, i cant see him doing it, take no chances

TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't take the risk as one whack on it could put him out for a long time or damage him permantly. These sort of injurys are well dangerous and he shouldn't play untill it has healed properly or enough not to be dangerous.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
yer, its like, he could play. but if something was to happen, its bad enough running about wearing a mask, but if something was to happen, it could ruin him. and if it did serious permanent damage, you cant take those type of chances

Doz

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i think alot of people are seeing it as a minor injury but its been known 2 nock players off form with shocks like that, look at matt jansen at rovers, he had a seirious life threttening injury to the hed a few seasons ago and has stil yet to return to form (if ever)

Doz

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
yer, jansen was out for a long time, was it the same injury?

the latest i have heard on this one after watching the milan derby last night is that they are keeping him sidelined for a month to give him time

new topics

top topics

join