It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Other Scottish News Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well there is more then 1 team in scotland lol so its only fair, much probably against rynaldos wishes

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
hehe.....yer, i guess i'l let you off

heres the first bit news for in here

Hearts boss John Robertson has expressed delight with his Lithuanian signings and is looking to secure them on long-term deals.

Deividas Cesnauskis (pictured), Saulius Mikoliunas and Marius Kizys joined the club recently on short-term loan contracts after being recommended to Robertson by the club's new paymasters.

The trio have made quick impressions on Robertson and could be set for lengthy stays in the Scottish capital.

link

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Rangers defender Gregory Vignal is excited about the forthcoming derby game against Celtic.
The French defender believes that the derby is the biggest local grudge match in the world, and is eager to sample the mood once more.
"What an atmosphere!" asserted Vignal.
"I have been in Liverpool-Everton and Barcelona-Espanyol but there is no comparison; in Glasgow it is stronger.
"We will play with a great trust. This season we have played each other four times and won two each.
"This weekend is the decider. You only have to play once to realise what this match means to the fans."

link

[Edited on 2/19/05 by dilly]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
well done on getting a quote and news source in there dilly

today mcleish was quoted along the lines of saying, the derby match, i think its 6 this season, is too much for the two teams and that its draining there energy, and thats why we do so bad in europe. the cheek lol..

he will be really happy about playing, especially as liverpool dont want him. hes playing in midfield for them, just to give then a little bit width.

i cant see him staying beyond the end of this season though

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Deividas Cesnauskis (pictured), Saulius Mikoliunas and Marius Kizys joined the club recently on short-term loan contracts after being recommended to Robertson by the club's new paymasters.

at hearts, its when they get a good player, they will leave, its been the case for ages. about 7 or 8 years ago. they had cameron, mc cann, ritchie and so, and i think they beat rangers in a final. cant say for sure though.

and they all left, and recently. with levien leaving, a few of there best players followed him to leicester

i forget the guys name, but they guy who bought them must have a interest scouting out a few good players for them.

wonder if he will continue to do this, but for this time, i think robertson is happy with the players he got

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Aberdeen have agreed a pre-contract with Dunfermline goalkeeper Jamie Langfield.

Langfield has agreed a three-year deal at Pittodrie and will make the move to Aberdeen in the summer.

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood is a big fan of Langfield and is delighted to have agreed a deal for the custodian.

"I am delighted to have signed Jamie for three years," Calderwood told the Evening Express.

link

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Langfield hasnt been first choice at dundee, there number 1 is a guy called derek soutar.

"I have watched Jamie a few times in reserve matches and he performed very well.

playing in reserve matches shows him not being number 1.

moving to a team which already has 2 keepers shows there is going to be a fight for the number 1 spot.

if he hasnt been getting it at dundee, i aint sure how he can be no1 at aberdeen.

perhaps one of there keepers is leaving.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hungary international Szabolcs Huszti is learning English amid speculation that Rangers could make an approach in the summer.

The Ferencvaros midfielder has impressed this term and reports from his homeland have linked the player with a move to Scotland.

Huszti, who is out of contract in the summer, admits he is flattered by the interest but that, at the moment, he is concentrating on his form for Ferencvaros.

link

[Edited on 2/20/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Rangers defender Zura Khizanishvili has penned a new two-year deal at Ibrox.

The Georgian international had been seeking an extended contract at the club and the new deal will keep him at Rangers until the summer of 2008.

Rangers boss Alex McLeish was delighted to be able to keep the 23-year-old.

"I'm delighted that Zura is extending his stay with us," McLeish told the club's official website.

link

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Scottish giants Rangers have secured the long term future of Fernando Ricksen on a new four year deal.

The Dutch midfielder was out of contract in the summer and, as such, could have agreed pre-contract terms with any club he chose.

However Rangers have now tied the 28-year-old down until 2009 after they rebuffed an approach from Premiership side Everton in the transfer window.

link

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Am suprised Ricksen has signed a new deal, it looked so much like he was going to go, and with Everton leading the chase. maybe due to them getting arteta (i aint sure whats happening with him when the season ends) they lost interest

with barry ferguson signing for rangers, i think its been a boost to the club. and is some sort of ambition being shown. hes felt, i can stay now, things are improving a little

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
noticed they have also secured Khiznavilli on a new deal too. I doubt he will always be first choice, hes good to have on the bench though, in the case of some1 may get injured. hes a good versatile player who can play along the back, and has featured in midfield before too..

i wonder if mr bean (arveladze) will get a new contract

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
no idea about the player rangers are supposivley interested in, he scored two goals against scotland recently, and would have also played against hearts when they where in Europe. so he would have been easy to spot and hear about.

cant see a move happening though, as they have a fair ammount of midfielders

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Ugandan defender Joel Kitamirike has been dropped to the reserves to help him regain match fitness.

Dundee boss Jim Duffy made the decision following the East African's debut in the in the 4-0 defeat to Hibernian.

Duffy did not blame his new signing for the defeat but was keen for Kitamirike to regain his fitness in the reserve team.

link

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
sounds like the player was thrown in, not completly fit and they got hammered. i havent seen the highlights but although Duffy is not making him the scapegoat, he is bound to feel that the new player wasnt ready for it, a mistake on his part.

Least this way, getting a few reserve games, will get him fit for his next match, which cant go as bad as the thrashing they got from hibs

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Rangers are reportedly on the trail of Montpellier's African winger Fode Mansare.

The 24-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and is unlikely to stay with the Ligue 2 side.

His impending availability on a free transfer has sparked a wave of interest in his services with rumours in France suggesting Rangers are keen on the Guinean.

link

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Dundee goalkeeper Derek Soutar has extended his stay at Dens Park.

The 24-year-old has firmly established himself as number one at Dundee following the departure of Julian Speroni to Crystal Palace in the summer.

Soutar rejected an offer from a mystery English club to stay at Dundee and boss Jim Duffy was delighted to be keeping the player.

link

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Rangers will be without defender Alan Hutton for the remainder of the season after the defender broke a leg against Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Gers moved six points clear of Celtic with victory over Kilmarnock, but the win came at a cost with Hutton picking up a serious injury.

Hutton suffered the injury when attempting to win the ball from Gary Hay and Gers chief Alex McLeish confirmed the defender will go under the surgeon's knife immediately.

link

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
this charachter hutton has just mananged to get into there first team, and now with him being out, he is gonna find it hard getting back in. during the summer. moves are going to happen. i wonder how well he will do to win his place back.

he aint anything special though, he aint as good as maurice ross yet

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Rangers star Gavin Rae looks set to miss the rest of the season after being diagnosed with tendonitis.

The former Dundee man has been battling back from knee surgery - but the strain on his other leg has apparently taken its toll and Rae will have to wait until next season to play again.

"It has now been some seven months since Gavin had cruciate ligament surgery to his left knee," manager Alex McLeish told the club's official website.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

[Edited on 2/28/05 by rynaldo82]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join