It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Owen - am as good as any other real player

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Michael Owen has insisted he is not out of place at Real Madrid and is as good as any of the club's 'galactico' stars.

Despite a handsome goal ratio which has made him Spain's most prolific goalscorer in terms of minutes played this season, the England star has still not cemented himself a starting berth in Real's first XI.

Owen admits he is frustrated by his predicament, but insists he has no intention of rocking the boat by demanding to play.

link

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
with him doing quite well for goals, it is showing that perhaps, he aint doing as bad as people think he is.

to get ahead of ronaldo and raul though, i dont think much players could..

raul being real madrid, hes like the top guy in spain. and ronaldo, with his profile for brazil, hes gotta be playing really.

but to think hes as good as zidane, well..no, i cant agree lol

TRD

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Strikers go on goal ratio and Owen is beating Raul and Ronaldo at the moment so yeah he is doing better than them. I think he has surprised a few and deserves to start for sure...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
hehe......hes suprised me to be honest, i wasnt aware of his goal ratio at real..

i wonder if real could accomadate 3 strikers, or maybe raul just behind.

its also interesting to see they brought back portillo after the sale of morientes. though, i think he will be a player who gets the odd cup game and league appearence.

TRD

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
He will get his chance today as Ronaldo and Raul are not playing. Owen will start his 10th game and will get his chance to show what he can do again. Potillo gets his first start aswell so it will be interesting to see how the pair of them play.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Owen is a great striker and deserves to play, he would be first choice striker for any other team.

TRD

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It will be interesting if he stays there in the summer as i think a few clubs will make a bid for him.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
he played and real got beat

you have him, and there is portillo, he has a better goal scoring rate at real youth systems than raul had

heard there is strong links with him and newcastle asnow

TRD

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yeah Owen failed to get a shot on target.. When it counted he didnt exactly set the world alight...

new topics

top topics

join