It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Roma will not sell 'Three musketeers'

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Roma have no intention of selling their three musketeers. Italy internationals Francesco Totti, Antonio Cassano and Serie A's leading goalscorer Vincenzo Montella have yet to agree on contract extensions with the Giallorossi club. The trio's contracts run out in June 2006 but with negotiations on hold, the fans' concerns are growing.

"I want to make it clear that the club's intention is to keep these players," said club administrator Rosella Sensi.

"We will do everything possible because they are three men that we know well but obviously the willingness has to be reciprocal."

Totti and Cassano have been linked to Real Madrid and AC Milan while Montella should have no shortage of offers after scoring 18 league goals in 22 appearances. Sensi said the club's failure to clinch a Champions League spot next season would not affect the contract negotiations. Speculation in the Italian capital suggested that all three would leave in June if the team failed to qualify for Europe's elite competition.

Sportinglife

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i would dread to think what roma would be like without these 3 players, they are the main guys there.

no ammount of money will be able to replace them either, totti is a hero there, i think cassono is now tooo. and montella, 18 goals in 22 games. you dont sell som1 who can do that

TRD

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How could you even mention of these 3 going? They are the backbone of the team. I hate it when teams can think they could let one go and still be as good let alone 3 players. At least Roma are prepared to keep all 3 together...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sensi is confident that the club will soon engage in contract talks with key trio Francesco Totti, Vincenzo Montella and Cassano.

"Certainly, there is the intention to talk with all three and renew their contracts,'' declared Sensi.

''We will see when we all meet. It's important to renew their contracts and join the Champions League.

''And today, we are three points from a Champions League place - and the aim is the renewal of the players' contracts.''

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Roma ace Antonio Cassano is unhappy the Giallorossi have stalled on offering him an improved contract.

The playmaker had been hoping his deal - that would see him move level with the top earners with the side - would be more of a priority.

However, Roma have not been as urgent as he would have liked and he is now unsure whether he will extend his contract.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

new topics

top topics

join