It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: FIGO: Dream may not come true

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Real Madrid winger Luis Figo concedes his dream of playing in the Premiership may not be realised. Figo has 18 months remaining on his current contract with the Spanish giants but the club have yet to indicate whether or not there will be a fresh offer on the table.

The Portuguese winger will be 33 next summer and Madrid, conscious of the player's vast wages, may want to spend the money on fresh talent. When the subject of him leaving the Bernabeu has been discussed in the past, Figo has often dropped hints that the Premiership would be his preferred destination.

But he accepts that a move to England is not certain to materialise.

Sportinglife

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
yer, the older he gets, the less chance as hes not in his prime now. he can still be class.

if its in 18 months time, real say,. we dont want you, he will be bout 35, at that age, i cant see any of the really big teams in england wanting him.

though, i wouldnt put it past teams like bolton,

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Or he could do what a few pros are doing and go and play sub standard football in Qatar for a season before hanging up his boots

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
i think at the minute, real are happy to have him, hes getting them money cos of his name in football, every1 has heard of figo. i think they want joaquin though, if they get him, real have proved they will get rid of people without hesitating, look at del bosque and hierro

if he was to go at the end of this season, i can see him ending up there (in england)

TRD

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Your last sentance was about right Rynaldo..

Unless he moves in the summer i cant see it happening. He will be 34 and who would want to pay a huge transfer fee for him at that age? let alone huge wages. And it will be even worse in 18 months if he waits, unless he would be prepared to take 20 grand a week in wages and play for someone like Bolton i can't see it happening.

top topics

join