It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Ranieri's future looking bleak

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Valencia are reported to be lining up managerial candidates for next season with Claudio Ranieri's days at the Primera outfit seemingly numbered. Although Valencia issued Ranieri with another vote of confidence following their home defeat to Deportivo La Coruna at the weekend, their board is understood to have already taken the decision to sack him at the end of the season - and possibly before if their form continues to slump.

"What is clear is that the situation has to change because we have just lost a game and we are accustomed to winning all the time," club spokesperson Jordi Bruixola declared on Monday.

"The demands of the club are great. We have taken very important steps in recent seasons and we want to maintain that level.

"The board is sensitive to what is happening, and to the objective and demand to be in the top four and believe that will come through supporting Ranieri and the players."

Despite these words, president Juan Bautista Soler met with officials on Sunday night and reportedly made the decision to install a new manager at the end of the season.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Poor old Claudio, I loved him when he was at chelsea, and even last season i didnt mind them. Ever since mourinho went there i have loathed chelsea, for being arrogant.

I hope Claudio doesnt get the sack, and that he gets another season to prove himself, you cant sack a manager after 1 season in charge

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i think these days, althought alot of the time, its unfair on the manger, they will sack, instant results are wanted due to the money thats invested in the game.

benitez did wonders at valencia, cuper before him did well too.. i think ranieri has managed them before aswell?

one season, he aint winning a thing now, do they keep him and see what happens next season, or get rid of him and get a new manager and see if this new one can do it.

if he gets sacked, you have to feel sorry for him aftet the whole chelsea thing and now this

TRD

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It looks like he is just about hanging on to his job at the moment but he needs to start producing some results. He will definatly get sacked in the next few weeks if he doesn't..

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i think he will get sacked, there no point doing it at the minute, wait till the season is over, and get it sorted.

i think he needs to go back to management school

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Or if he decides to come back to this country for management, english classes

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly
Or if he decides to come back to this country for management, english classes

LOL..... can you see him manage in england again? i think he will go back to italy if sacked,

top topics

join