It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Beckham axed!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
David Beckham's shelf life as a Real Madrid 'galactico' faces further scrutiny this week as manager Mariano Garcia Remon ponders whether the England captain's 'best before' label reads 'December 2004'.

Remon made the frank admission that Beckham was dropped, along with Roberto Carlos, for reasons of form after the 3-2 victory at Racing Santander on Saturday night.

Quite how Beckham reacts to such a put-down remains to be seen, but the ubiquitous national team skipper has found himself coming in for increased flak for his on-field displays in the past 12 months.

Sportinglife

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
in all honesty, i dont think he is in the same league in some of the players at real madrid. he had his uses, free kicks, long range passing, and he works hard for the team. but in spain, just about every midfield player can get the ball and skin players and then score. he aint got that kind of skill. i dont think the spanish team know how to use him right

TRD

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yea i think you are right, i bet he wishes he stayed in England now. I guess a return may be on the cards...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
yer. i think he will leave one day, but they wont get the 20 plus million they paid for him back.

at least he is strugglig along with woodgate and owen
lol

TRD

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think Owen has doen pretty well in the chances he has had and Woogate has to yet to play.

Did you see the other day that they only get paid every six months?

Beckham got 3 million, Owen 2 million or so and Woodgate 1.8 million. Not bad eh?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
is it the same with the whole team? and yer. i wouldnt mind playing bad and getting that much haha.

its just, there seems to be question marks over all 3 of there futures. owen has been linked with a move away before, and its asked, why did he get bought, when they already has strikers there, and woodgate. am not sure whats going to happen with him

new topics

top topics

join