It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Hartson prepared for Celtic exit

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
John Hartson fears his Celtic career is coming to an end.

The Wales striker joined the Hoops in August 2001 from Coventry and is the club's leading goalscorer this season.

But Parkhead manager Martin O'Neill has already hinted that, after two back operations, the forward must prove his fitness to earn a new contract when his current deal expires in the summer.

However, the 29-year-old concedes he is already mentally preparing to depart the club, although he is adamant he wants to stay.

Hartson said: "I am happy here, my family is settled, I love playing for this football club and in front of unbelievable supporters - it's the kind of thing I dreamed of as a kid.

"I'd be delighted to do that for the next three or four years, two years, whatever I'm offered or given - if I'm given anything.

"But, in my head, I've realised that, if it doesn't happen here, I've still got to be right for whatever else may happen.

"I'm on a Bosman in five or six months and I'll have to be flying.

Sportinglife

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Been a decent player for Celtic, was good at the Hammers as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i think he will stay, if he went, its a bosman, it not like we going to go out and spend 6 million on another striker. no chance.

TRD

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I would be surprised if they let him go but maybe they think he is too injury prone.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
yer, thats true, hes on about between 15 grand and 20 a week and he does miss a lot of games

there supposed to be some new rule coming in though, if you are out of the team via injury, a percentage of your wage is took off you. its to try stop the debt in clubs up here

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
i forgot to say, havent read it yet. but he has supposed to hav been offered a deal

new topics

top topics

join