It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Diouf in trouble

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Former Liverpool striker El Hadji Diouf was thrown off the Senegal team travelling to Liberia for a World Cup qualifier after reportedly whooping it up at a nightclub.

According to sources close to the team, Senegal's French coach Guy Stephan vetoed the player travelling with the rest of the team following Diouf's antics, reported in the Dakar press.

"It's him, or me. He's a professional and should know the team rules, which demand rigour, discipline and punctuality," a furious Stephan is said to have said.

According to press reports in Dakar, the Bolton forward stayed at a nightclub at Fann Residence until the early hours.

The reports said he would have been incapable of playing against Liberia.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
hehe....at least this time diouf didnt spit, i dont think he got that element to him which makes him think rational. he does seem to have a bit of a temper and attitude.

he has been a waste coming to the premiership though in my view

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Sounds like he is trouble and i bet Liverpool are glad to be shot of him for now.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a few seasons back, he was voted best african player i think and senegal beat france at the world cup, do you think due to these results he got a big head

TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It could well be, i can't remember where they got him from but in his country they are not that wealthy. I guess so, yeah it could have gone to his head...

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
He played in France for Lens.

What a twat, he is full of it and shouldn't be allowed the privilege of playing professional football.

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yeah he has been giving it and has yet to really produce anything to back it up.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Waste of money, go back home.

top topics

join