It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Woodgate close to Madrid start

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Jonathan Woodgate is nearing a return to first-team action after finally being able to join the rest of the Real Madrid squad in training.

Woodgate, a 13.4million capture from Newcastle in August, is yet to play for his new club due to a long-term thigh injury.

But he was able to take part in a full training session on Monday as Madrid look to introduce him into their misfiring squad as soon as possible.

Woodgate said: "I can't wait to play. I have been feeling good and I have not had any problems.

"I want to be able to play as soon as possible, that is my aim."

So keen are Madrid to have the England international fit, they have arranged a friendly against Segunda B side Alcorcon on October 12 in which Woodgate is expected to play.

link

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
looks like he was getting really close and what happens...? he gets injured again, or is he too worried about the missing mobile phone his girlfriend has stolen with steamy texts
lol

Jonathan Woodgate has suffered an injury setback after he limped out of training at Real Madrid.

Woodgate has not yet made an appearance for Real since his £13 million move from Newcastle during the summer.

link

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
LOL

He might not even make an appearance for them, if he stays injured they could off load him before he pulls the shirt on!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
hehe....yer, imagine that, buying a player for that price and he keeps getting injured, although, am sure he will get a game eventually.

i wonder about woodgate though, they bought walter samuel, with beckham there was talk of him not being needed and it was done for the merchandise he would bring, but, woodgate, i got question marks about why they signed him

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Ah man thats unreal, i bet he must be gutted getting paid all that money and not being able to play.....

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
maybe he should do what redondo (the argentine who played for milan a few season ago did) he was injury plagued and when he was injured, he said i dont want paid until i play.

however, i dont see him doing it, i think woodgate is a bit of a crook

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
He is class, but he is never fit.

I'd consider it a waste of money, Nesta would have been better alongside Samuel. If he can stay fit, he will do the job though.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
perez aint happy with newcastle

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has blamed Newcastle for Jonathan Woodgate's failure to overcome a persistent thigh injury.

Real signed the England international in August, but he has yet to make his debut for Los Merengues due to his injury.

link

join