It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Celtic news thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
joos valgaeren admits he is playing for his future and might be leaving the club at the summmer.

in fairness to him he has been playing left back alot. and he aint as good as varga or balde so he aint getting the central slot. he has passed his best too but maybe he could improve. i think its slim for him though

Celtic defender Joos Valgaeren concedes he could be leaving the club when his contract expires at the end of the season.

Valgaeren joined The Bhoys in a near-£4 million deal from Roda JC Kerkrade in 2000, but his Parkhead career could be coming to an end.

valgaeren plays for future

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
our young striker maloney is supposed to be coming back soon and that is good news. different type of striker to what we have and has a great free kick

Shaun Maloney admits his eight-month spell on the sidelines has been hell, as he prepares to get back into the action.

The Celtic youngster suffered cruciate ligament damage back in March and says that his spell on the sidelines has been very hard to handle.

"I am still as frustrated as ever with the lengthy injury period that I have suffered even though I am now at the final hurdle in my rehabilitation," said Maloney.

it looks like there has been a delay in his progress

Shaun Maloney has been forced to delay his return to action for Celtic.

The young striker was due to make his long-awaited return in a reserve team outing on November 23 against Aberdeen after nine months on the sidelines.

maloney to end injury hell

maloney delayed

[Edited on 11/22/04 by rynaldo82]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think he is right, we do need new players, losing a central defender last season 2 midfielders and larsson who is a goal scoring machine. and replace them with camara who is doing ok, nothing special. similar to momo sylla i think. and juninho aint doing it yet. although petrov and junihno maybe aint mixing

Celtic boss Martin O'Neill has admitted he will be unhappy if he is not able to make any new signings in the New Year.

O'Neill is keen to bolster his squad having only brought in Henri Camara on loan and Juninho last summer.

The former Leicester chief has now set his sights on bringing in least one new player when the transfer window reopens in January.

o'neill on transfer window

Sir

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Juninho is a great little player and it might take him time to settle in but with a team like Celtic he needs to hurry up as they will want to get into Europe again.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir
Juninho is a great little player and it might take him time to settle in but with a team like Celtic he needs to hurry up as they will want to get into Europe again.

yer, i think the same, so far he has been in and out the team. a young guy called aiden mcgeady has been getting games but in fairness this young guy is good. got alot of skill. the whole celtic team have been a bit off recently though. conceding lots of silly goals and we aint in full rythm yet. maybe once that happens he will look like the player he once was.

i guess he could also be lacking a bit of match fitness and could get sharper too. and with it being harton up front. there not alot of pace unless camara is on, but he seems to like going out wide. i think junhino will get him played through alot soon. hartson aint got the pace so it is hard for juninho to play through balls to him. sutton is now back so its looking better

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
the manager is concerned about tommy burns as he will be doing the international match in midweek and doesnt want to lose him as he is doing well in the youth setup

Celtic boss Martin O'Neill admits he would be reticent about allowing Tommy Burns to take on the Scotland job permanently.

Burns is currently in temporary charge of the Scotland national team following the recent departure of Berti Vogts.

He was not initially expected to be among the contenders to succeed the German but he now seems to be a prime candidate.

burns worries

TRD

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It looks like Newcastle are preparing to bid for Balde..

Former Ibrox boss Graeme Souness has made no secret of his desire to add at least one central defender to his squad and is also maintaining the club's interest in Celtic's Bobo Balde after the Magpies saw a bid turned down in the wake of Jonathan Woodgate's departure for Real Madrid.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
and we got bobo for nothing. we where due to pay money but toulouse who we bought him from. there some kind of situation there so we didnt need to pay. and i guess newcastle can afford him. am not sure what kind of price tag would be on him. but i not sure if he would want to leave. him and varga are a good pairing. i think if o'neill left. possibly it could happen but for now. with him in europe and the league. i think he will stay.

might just be souness trying to annoy celtic supporters though

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Celtic travelled to Ibrox and came away with no points in a game which main talking point was the off the ball incidents

Rangers closed the gap at the top of table to one point after a 2-0 win over nine-man Celtic in a stormy Old Firm encounter at Ibrox.

First half goals from Nacho Novo and Dado Prso were enough to give Alex McLeish's men their second Old Firm victory in a fortnight with Alan Thompson and Chris Sutton seeing red for Celtic

alan thompson was one of the players sent off and it looks like celtic are going to appeal this decision.

Celtic are set to lodge an appeal against Alan Thompson's sending off against Rangers.

Thompson was sent off in the first half of his side's 2-0 defeat at Ibrox after clashing with Peter Lovenkrands.

The England international appeared to clash heads with Lovenkrands although it looked as if there was very little contact between the pair and the Dane made a meal of it.

Celtic defeat

thompson appeal

[Edited on 11/22/04 by rynaldo82]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
what a result!!! after saturdays poor showing celtic picked up a marvelous against one of the best teams in the world. a team which beat real madrid 3 nil (talk about being biased
)

Barcelona progressed to the knock-out phase of the UEFA Champions League, despite held by Celtic 1-1 at Camp Nou.

Samuel Eto'o stroked the Spanish giants in front after 25 minutes, but John Hartson's leveller before the break secured a point for The Bhoys.

Milan are in prime position to finish top of the Group after beating Shakhtar Donetsk, while Celtic are third in Group F and leading the race for the Uefa Cup spot.

barcelona manger complaining

Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard has hit out at Celtic's style of football after they earned a 1-1 draw at Camp Nou.

Celtic became the first side this season to come away from Camp Nou unbeaten and keep alive their hopes of qualifying for the Uefa Cup.

celtic vs barcelona

rijkaard

[Edited on 11/27/04 by rynaldo82]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Haha this seems like a 1 man thread, is rynaldo82 the only celtic supporter in the forum?
In fairness scottish football however poor it is does deserve a mention on here, just as long as it isnt the scottish national team, now thats a different story

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hehe. there a West Ham sections like this in the football section. i think there another 1 too.

and what on earth!! scottish football poor? no chance lol. haha. messing lol. and yer sh.....about the national team

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
oh dear rynaldo i think ur celtic team are going through a bad patch, similar to arsenal though

2-2 with one of the leagues bottom clubs is not very impressive and now overtaken by rangers, you sound very similar to the gunners

TRD

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hey there is 4 west ham supporters on here, they just don't come on often. And no thats not all the supporters we have before ya say so lol!!

So whats the deal with Celtic? There seems a bit of unrest with certain players.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
yer. celtic slipped up a bit recently. and yer. getting overtaken by rangers is not good.

but to be honest. i think we will catch them again. rangers where doing they best they have all season when they beat us. where as, we where doing our worst in a long long time. but geting the point against barcelona, and with rangers getting beat by Alkamaar? something like that, i think it goes to show we still are the top team in scotland. and in time, we will improve where as, rangers will struggle to maintain there form.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I like the confidence, somehow i cant say so confidently that chelsea will slip up

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
yer, but the thing is, chelsea are a good team, rangers well..uno lol

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
with celtic wining yesterday 2-1 against hibs we went top. today rangers played inverness caly thistle and could not beat them so celtic are top again

Rangers missed the chance to move back to the top of the SPL table after they were held 1-1 by Inverness Caledonian Thistle at Pittodrie.

The home side went ahead early on through Graham Bayne, but Rangers struck back early in the second period when Dado Prso stuck.

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeah that was a good result in Rangers not winning. I think Celtic will prevail in the end. Rangers are not a better side, but it makes it a bit more exciting!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
rangers won yesterday 3 nil which meant celtic had to win to move to move back to top and they did

Champions Celtic moved back to the top of the SPL with a 2-0 win over Dunfermline at East End Park.

The Bhoys bounced back from midweek European misery, to record the win which takes them back above Rangers.

Dunfermline lacked the quality to really trouble Celtic and they were in front after just 16 minutes when Chris Sutton put them ahead as he glanced home an Alan Thompson corner.

match report

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join