It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Real Madrid coach quits!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just three games into the Primera Liga season and Real Madrid have a new coach with little experience at the top level, a squad of underachieving players and the problem of what to do with Jose Antonio Camacho.

Camacho's resignation as coach was accepted by president Florentino Perez on Monday morning although, according to Perez, he will remain at the club in an as yet undecided position.

The coaching role has gone to Mariano Garcia Remon, one of Camacho's assistants, although he seemed less than enamoured to be placed in charge of a dressing room full of dominant multi-millionaires, whose lack of commitment in recent weeks undoubtedly led to Camacho's decision to walk.

link

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
yer, i feel sorry for the new guy, he is gonna be under pressure and may be made the scapegoat i think. camacho did well by saying he coudldnt do the job,

i think with players who have won it all. they need a spark to do it all again.

you never know, this guy in charge now may work wonders hehe

TRD

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I don't understand it. They are meant to be the 'best' side in europe so to speak, but that is debatable. They can't beat teams that would only be good enough for our second division. Is it because there is too many prima-donnas in the side?

Or can they not find a decent coach...

There was talks that they wanted Wenger but that is unlikely and now they have mentioned ex Newcastle boss Bobby Robson...

[Edited on 25/9/04 by TRD]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i hadnt heard about bobby getting linked to them, wenger, yer, i would like to see it 1 day, although i think he loves arsenal too much

i dont think it the manager, i think it is something to do with the players, like the hunger.

i think its a case of, you have done it before, but go out and prove to the world how good you are etc

hehe..wow, what a bad manager i would be lol

TRD

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yeah it was in the newspaper about Robson the other day but the press are not the most reliable lol!

Wenger would never go to Real he said himself. I think he will retire after he is done at Arsenal, he doesn't need to go anywhere else and has nothing to prove.

Hell yeah great pep talk i'm sure that would fire up a team to win...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
beckham comes forward and explains how every1 is trying to adopt to the difficult situation with whats going on

Real Madrid star David Beckham has admitted everyone at the club is still coming to terms with the recent events at the Spanish giants.

Real have endured a miserable start to the new season having lost two La Liga games so far and Jose Antonio Camacho resigning from his post just four games into the campaign.

link

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
well, its a rumour that has started, looks like he will be getting sacked at current club beskitas

Vicente Del Bosque will depart Besiktas this week, sparking rumours of a possible return to former club Real Madrid.

Besiktas have endured a terrible start to the new campaign and currently sit 13th in the Turkish Super League having won just one of their opening seven games.

link

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
well, i hope he does go back, the guy in charge asnow doesnt seem to want the job and was more forced to take it until it sorts itself out.

and del bosque, if i remember correclty he was real madrid, was there for years, and worked his way up and in his time there, won the champions league twice, and the legue twice in 5 years

TRD

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well that would be a better choice to get him back after he had great success with them before. They definatly need to sort things out quickly as not having a proper manager at the helm will only unsettle everybody.

top topics

join