It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Overmars quits football

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Holland international Marc Overmars has revealed he renounced the final year on his Barcelona contract and quit the professional game altogether because he no longer feels able to perform at the highest level.

The former Arsenal winger was told he would not be considered by Barca this season despite having a year left on his deal at the Nou Camp.

And, following a persistent knee problem, the 31-year-old renounced the remaining year and announced his retirement.

[url=http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=international_feed/04/07/26/SOCCER_Spa-Overmars_Snap.html&TEAMHD=soccer]link[/ url]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They should've loaned him out to a different club. The main reason his game isn't up to par, is because his not clicking in with the rest of the players. He is just one of the many premiership players struggling in other leagues. Take Bechkam and Macmanamon(departed before Beckhams arrival) at Real Madrid, just to name a few.

TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I understand what your saying websurfer but Overmars quit because of injury and he felt like he couldn't perform anymore. I am a bit shocked because i thought he played and looked pretty good in the Euro Championships, which was only played a little while ago.

new topics

join