It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Real Madrid not interested

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Real Madrid supremo Florentino Perez has declared that his club will not sign Ruud Van Nistelrooy or Francesco Totti this summer.

Manchester United striker Van Nistelrooy and Roma playmaker Totti were thought to be on Madrid's wanted list as the club searches for its next 'Galactico' signing to add to David Beckham, Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane and Ronaldo.

However, it seems as if the arrival of Jose Antonio Camacho as coach for next season, coupled with Madrid's disastrous end to the season that saw them end up without a trophy and crash to fourth in the Primera Liga, has forced Perez into a change of policy.

As Madrid fell apart, it became clear that their weakness was not in attack, but in midfield and defence and Camacho has made it clear that those areas need working on.

link

Sir

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
More than likely the clubs wouldn't sell lol!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir
More than likely the clubs wouldn't sell lol!

ManU sold Beckham; their star player. Anythings possible.

What Real need is a good goalie. Ever since Real brought in the reserve goalie, Cassilas, things have fallen apart for them. I liked their previous goalie a lot better. The names not coming to me, but it was early on in the spanish season.

TRD

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I can't see Man U letting him go unless they know something that we don't like his knees might not hold up.

It is looking more and more likely that Real are going to get Patrick Viera by the end of the week and that will be a huge signing and a massive blow for Arsenal.

new topics

top topics

join