It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSH SUCKS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I've read on other boards, various threads about what people do not like about George Bush. This one hits the nail on the head.

I hate Bush for a few reasons:

His connection to the religious right, this would not be so bad if he wasn't such a hypocrite (like his drug and alcohol use, his dysfunctional daughters etc)

His never having to work a day in his life and then his numerous business failings only to be rescued by daddy- yet he is allowed to tinker with our economy. This is probably the greatest source of my ire- the fact that he calls himself a conservative and has not been fiscally conservative at all, and may be harming my children for generations to come.

The two greatest reasons I really detest him: 1)his ducking out by way of the "senator's son" method during the war and then doing stunts like the lincoln and the recent trip to Iraq to show how "brave" he is- makes me want to punch him in the face if I ever got the chance.

2) His squandering of the world's good will after 9/11 to press a personal issue in Iraq for him and his friends personal gain, while going after the guy that "tried to assasinate my daddy"- these two items are unforgivable to me.

Had he stayed with Afghanistan, and truly spent the resources stabilizing them and Pakistan first, I would have at least given him respect, even if I disagreed with his policies.

To give an example: there are many areas I vehemently disagree with McCain on- but I will always respect him and believe his heart is in the right place even if I think he is wrong- but I will NEVER feel that way about Bush. You don't hear me rant too much about GWs daddy either- I feel he made some mistakes, I think he was a sneaky CIA spook with his own agenda- but I had respect for him (I have met him prior to his being prez) and though I detest all of his son's, I believe he was probably an okay guy.

I believe GW is completely evil and repugnant, simply by some of the poeple he chooses to run things: Karl Rove, John Ashcroft, Wolfowitz and all those folks from the new american century, I believe those are the new american Nazis, really the uber-nationalist very similar to the nazi party of germany in the 30s

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Before this becomes a flame war, I just wanna say, RIGHT ON!!!

BUSH SUCKS!!!

...nice font, very patriotic...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why dont you tell us how you really feel???

You respect McCain, but you hate Bush.....???

Do you know McCain is probably one of the most HAWKISH conservatives on the planet. His policies on war wouldve been to tell the UN to shove it up their ass and go # themselves. Not that I disagree.....

You just cant stand seeing a born again christian with conservative views in the White House. So what if he did drugs, bought hookers, had a #ty baseball team in the past. The past isnt what counts its what he does now and in the future and if you cant deal with that then you are only basing your hatred on things you thought to be correct about a man you know nothing about.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This post is just this side of trolling(or at least the subject line is)

You do make well thought out points, though I disagree with all of them

Bush IS one of our nations greatest presidents

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz

Do you know McCain is probably one of the most HAWKISH conservatives on the planet. His policies on war wouldve been to tell the UN to shove it up their ass and go # themselves. Not that I disagree.....

You just cant stand seeing a born again christian with conservative views in the White House. So what if he did drugs, bought hookers, had a #ty baseball team in the past. The past isnt what counts its what he does now and in the future and if you cant deal with that then you are only basing your hatred on things you thought to be correct about a man you know nothing about.

McCain is a hell of a lot better than bush. hell hes better than anything that the DNC can get.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by Dreamz

McCain is a hell of a lot better than bush. hell hes better than anything that the DNC can get.

McCain is probably one of only a few guys that I would vote for over Bush at this moment.

To bad the two best presidential candidates are in the Republican party.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I disagree for numerous reasons.

So, let me get this correct, the only way you can have anything to do with Godd is if you are perfect? Catch a clue, pal, that is why Christ came - none of us are perfect.
You gotta problem with Christianity playing a part in this nation? Take it up with the Founding Fathers.

Again, the first thought that went through my mind was you must have been miserable during the last administration. Your hatred for the man blinds you. Neither trip was to show how brave Bush is. But by your line of reasoning, anytime he steps out of the White House he is showing bravado and must be punched out.

The world's good? What a dolt! The world paid lip service after 9/11. Some countries weren't even any good at shallow lip service. Your insertion that Bush has ulterior motives for the Iraq war are very unfounded, every damned one of them, and therefore your inability to forgive him for you seeing shadows is your problem. Bush's job is the defense of this nation and the constitution, I could not care one iota if the rest of the world has no more "good" for us - it really didn't to begin with.

Gee, you think Bush sucks for these reasons, yet every one of your reasons is flawed!

To continue, we are still in Afghanistan. Nothing has changed there. We are there, Iraq, Phillipines, Columbia, and places about which we do not know - nor do we have a need to know. You think that we can't deal with two places at once? You are the only one that has even brought this idea up. Why? Because everyone else knows that this is very doable.

Your last two paragraphs are the usual unfounded "He's a Nazi!" type rants. As with most of this post, unfounded, but the obvious name calling means I don't have to answer.

So, as every one of your reasons for hating Bush is seriosuly flawed, you should now have more liking for him.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone

One of our greatest presidents? He has done nothing but make our air and water dirtier, sold out the seniors with a terrible Medicare bill, lied to the American people on Iraq, blown the budget and debt to astronomical proportions, signed a bill eliminating overtime for millions, given tax breaks to all the large corporations while they continue to claim they are having a hard time and must eliminate health care benefits.

Yes, these are all true signs of greatness. He also sides with the Christian LIBERALS who want government interference on many things.

Why do I call them Christian LIBERALS? Ever notice that on many moral issues the Republicans WANT government interference and guidance?

Yes, Thomas Crowne you ARE a liberal in that respect.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Great post energy_wave!

I'm just glad I don't live in America otherwise I'd be even more upset about Bush being President. He is possibly the worst President ever in my opinion. WOrse than Nixon. I just pray that even with all the tinkering of the voting that the Bush administration will, the majority of America will see sense.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have nothing against anyone on Ats, but some of you are awfully quick to respond to anything negative reguarding Bush.

My first sentance said...

"I've read on other boards, various threads about what people do not like about George Bush. This one hits the nail on the head."

What follows were not "my" words, but a great post which I felt was right on!

Some people only see and hear what they want to see and hear. They program themselves. Slow down, read and listen carfully to what is posted, then have the courage to admit you made a mistake voting for Bush.

I have two brothers who just love Bush. One is worried he'll lose his job if the company he works for moves away. The other is just plain stuborn. Neither one lives up to what the republican Bushies stand for, yet they blindly follow.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave

Bush sucks, like a politician he lied about everything he said during the election campain. He funded fetal stem cell research.

Stem cell research is fine. Paying big compaines to use murdered babies for it is immoral.

He goes to church comes out and times time to bomb 3rd world coutnries.

War is fine, if you must goto war at least bomb the right country.

The budget. Spending is way out of hand.need to curb spending. They can start with firing that lazy self indulgent fed that posted on this thread. They can cut the defense budget in a quarter. They can kill medicaid prescription benifets and get rid of all these anti competetive buisiness practices.

That would be a good start.

Bush is better than CLinton but he still sucks. At least Clinton cut the budget a little bit. FOr real not just phony tax cuts for the rich.

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by websuspect]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well I will agree that spending is out of control and the congress needs to relax.

Its kind of funny......It usually the other way around, democrats wanting more spending and more governmental control and the republicans wanting less government and less spending. Seems like its all backwards right now.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone

I agree stone walling 9/11 investigations because his cronies did it to get oil. Invaded Iraq on false pretenses gave us the patroit act Bush is the best now if he could only get the #ing Iraq oil flowing so my gas prices would go down. Bush will not get my vote unless my gas prices fall. We should benefit from our empires spoils of war this is total bull# that Bush hasn't got my gas prices down!!! HAIL BUSH!!! or should I say Nero after all Bush read to kids while New York burned.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Bush SUCKS!?

Well guess WHAT is not a NEW thing!

You DEMONCRACKS always say that!

YOU MODERN COMMIES SUCK TOO!

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by Russian]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Another well constructed point from Russian, as per usual. His posts just seem to bring discussions to a new level.

[Edited on 013131p://555 by earthtone]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Great post energy_wave!

I'm just glad I don't live in America otherwise I'd be even more upset about Bush being President. He is possibly the worst President ever in my opinion. WOrse than Nixon. I just pray that even with all the tinkering of the voting that the Bush administration will, the majority of America will see sense.

And this is a brain surgeon's post? Not that I particularly give a rat's rear about what someone not from the U.S. thinks of my president, but where are you from? Take a clue, pal, Nixon was not that bad at all. He resigned from offic for contemplating doing what Clinton did, Johnson has caused us billions of wasted dollars to date, and it took a strong leader like Reagan to pull us out of the four years of Carter Crisis Years.

One more heads up for you, regardless of what the ill-informed anti-Bush people tell you, the vote tinkering was from the Gore side. If whatever you think Bush did sickens you, what the liberals both in the Gore campaign and the elite media did to ty and steal the election should titally infuriate you. Or does it make a difference to you who it is that commits the crimes, rather than what they are?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

And this is a brain surgeon's post? Not that I particularly give a rat's rear about what someone not from the U.S. thinks of my president, but where are you from? Take a clue, pal, Nixon was not that bad at all. He resigned from offic for contemplating doing what Clinton did, Johnson has caused us billions of wasted dollars to date, and it took a strong leader like Reagan to pull us out of the four years of Carter Crisis Years.

One more heads up for you, regardless of what the ill-informed anti-Bush people tell you, the vote tinkering was from the Gore side. If whatever you think Bush did sickens you, what the liberals both in the Gore campaign and the elite media did to ty and steal the election should titally infuriate you. Or does it make a difference to you who it is that commits the crimes, rather than what they are?

Did I ever, for one second, stick up for the democrats or Al Gore? I have never said anything in their favour. I think that they are aslo crooked but not quite as crooked as Bush! Thats what counts. For last time, as I have said this many times before to people just becuase I hate Bush doesn't mean I like the democrats ok? And by the way, your president led my country to war so I can have an opinion if I want oh wise Mr. Crowne.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Well, let's think about it. If you accuse Bush of doing that which Gore actually did do but leave Gore out of the rant, what does that mean?

My country did not lead your country to war, the terrorists did. I assume you are British, so I will only say that your leader realizes that our nations stand together when in times of need and he is good enough to not discontinue that tradition.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Well, let's think about it. If you accuse Bush of doing that which Gore actually did do but leave Gore out of the rant, what does that mean?

My country did not lead your country to war, the terrorists did. I assume you are British, so I will only say that your leader realizes that our nations stand together when in times of need and he is good enough to not discontinue that tradition.

This 'rant' , as you put it, is on a post about george bush, not Gore. I do not need to bring Gore into an argument or discussion about Bush ok? Just becuase there may be 'tradition' between our countries doesn't mean we should join some bull# war for oil in the middle east.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
earth , energy...

[Edited on 12/5/2003 by Maverick]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join