It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Tomas Rosicky to Liverpool?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Borussia Dortmund midfielder Tomas Rosicky is being linked with a summer move to Liverpool.

Czech newspaper Sport has reported that Rosicky's manager is currently holding talks with the Anfield club, where he would join compatriots Vladimir Smicer and Milan Baros should a deal go through.

And the player himself admits he is hoping to leave the Bundesliga side.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
this rumour has been going around for ages. we actually had an 8m bid accepted for him about 4 years ago but houllier decided that murphy was better. i think we've kept an eye on him since then.

but i wouldnt be surprised if both smicer and baros left this summer. smicer only has a year left on his contract and hasnt impressed consitently and baros is out of favour due to off the field activities. besides, weve now got pongolle to run around like a crazy person with no hope of scoring so the baros role is pretty much covered.

TRD

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yep this one does seem to be a never ending story.

I thought i read that they was going to keep Baros?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
since baros came back from injury he's hardly played. houllier has preferred to play owen on his own with kewell or cheyrou in the hole, so it seems he's out of favour.

there have been a few stories about him boozing the night before a match, and he crashed his car being a smartarse recently so maybe is something to do with his attitude. its happened before with baros. when he first joined us, he gained a lot of weight and put no effort in in trainind because he thought he'd 'made it'. maybe he hasnt got the head to play for a high profile club.

the bid for smith confirms baros leaving for me. i dont think you can have 4 strikers as short as baros, owen, pongolle and smith at the same club. and if cisse and smith both come in, someone will have to go.

id quite like him to stay though. he's a good prospect.

TRD

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yea i thought he looked quite promising.

You think you will get Smith? It sounds like he prefers Man U. He would be a great signing for Liverpool if they manage to get him. But would he play? with Cisse and Owen in the side.

top topics

join