It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An online Journal by an unknown Christian....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I came across this ....found it to be quite interesting and share with others that would like to read .....

''I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world." - St. John 6:51

Monday, September 29, 2003
Day 165

Orthodoxy in America - by Fr. Seraphim Rose (Conclusion)

Our Talent of Freedom

We are in a privileged position of peace and freedom, and this is dangerous for us. We can sit in the midst of our Orthodox treasures, the treasures that give salvation that no one else has -- and be satisfied with our situation and so be totally fruitless. If we have difficulty in being Orthodox -- then let us rejoice, for that means we must struggle, and there is hope that we won't wither and die spiritually.

Orthodoxy -- Here and Now

Often we have the wrong idea about our situation. We think: "If only I could go somewhere else, change my situation, and the like, my problems would be solved"; but usually this is not right at all. We must start right now, wherever we are. If it is difficult, that is all the better -- it means we have to fight for our Christianity; and if you have to fight and struggle, you become more aware.

But there are also opportunities in our privileged position, and we should use them.
First of all, perhaps many of you don't know that there are many contacts now between people in Russia and people outside. We can become informed of what is going on there. Read Fr. Dimitry Dudko's books, or his little newspaper.

sundaytosunday.blogspot.com...

new topics

join