It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Clarence Seedorf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What do you guys think of him??

He's my favourite soccer player for two reasons:

1. He has amazing skills
2. And we're related... (2nd cousins)

For the non soccer fans:
He's an AC Milan and Dutch National team midfielder. Injured right now, but he's had one of his best seasons ever.

He holds the record as the youngest player ever in the Dutch Eredivisie (debuted at age 16) and he's the youngest Dutch national team player to reach 50 caps...

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Bandit795]

TRD

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As far as i can remember Clarence Seedorf left Real Madrid after being unable to displace Steve McManaman and finding himself on the sidelines.I don't know why as he is much better that McManaman. He was a Champions League winner in 1998 with Real but fell out of favour with John Toshack and Vicente del Bosque and left the club to Join Inter Milan since then Clarence Seedorf and in my opinion has been a far better player!!

Don't want to big him up too much but he has vision, skill, and can read the game with his eyes closed.

Second cousin,can you get me some autographed pictures

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Uhm... His mom gave me a pack of about 50 authographed photos, but I think I left those on the other side of the ocean (Netherlands)...

TRD

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well just my luck! If you ever think of it keep me in mind

So what do you think of the dutch side at the moment? Nistelrooy looks a bit special..

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
They did what they do so often, get ahead first, and then give up a goal late in the game to draw (with Frank De Boer being involved in some way in giving up that goal)...

They're pretty good, V Nistelrooy is good, but I personally would the other attackers besides, or over him, (Hasselbaink, Makaay or Kluivert)... Van Hooijdonk is another great attacker.

V.d. Vaart is one to look out for, and the two who debuted today (Sneijder & Robben) too...

On paper they're the best in the world IMHO. Better than Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Germany, England and Italy. Just as good as France, but they barely ever show it...

There are still some excellent Dutch players out there that never get selected Petta (Celtic) Oude Kamphuis (Schalke '06) etc...

TRD

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hmmm Hasselbaink has had a terrible season at Chelsea the worst i have ever seen him....Now Kluivert he is a great player...
With Pierre Van Hooijdonk i remember seeing him play alot in England i never rated him,maybe he just didn't fit in...

I agree they have a great team on paper and should do alot better than they do,with all that talent they should do much better..

Now Nistelrooy has been fantastic all season for Manchester Utd one of the best strikers in the premier league i have seen most of their games and he has scored some wicked goals as well as suppling most of the others,he has great vision,strength,agility and shooting power.

Not that i suppot Man U my team is West Ham united and it looks like we may get relegated

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hey TRD, you're right. Coaches pick their players on ow they are preforming right now. And right now I would pick v Nistelrooy over Hasselbaink. But a year ago it would've been more difficult to do so....

TRD

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yeah Hasslebaink had a great season last year....Nistelrooy has improved so much this season it was close between him and Thierry Henri who got player of the season which Henri won...Well it proves as you say about the coaches with Alex Ferguson dropping David Beckham from the Man United side against Real Madrid...

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The Dutch have always been perennial underachievers, for a country to have produced so much talent, it's a mystery why they haven't had more success.

Van Nistelrooy is the best target man in the world on current form, how he has been over looked by the PFA and numerous other bodies when this years awards were given out is a crying shame. He has produced far more this season than Henry and although I think both are fantastic players, Ruud boy should have won.

Makaay doesn't seem to be able to perform at international level, his club scoring record is phenomenal though. I like Michael Lamey, quite a talented full back. Arjen Robben is definitely one to watch for the future, I'm a big fan of van der Vaart as well.
What's going on with Jordi Hoogstrate, is the transfer to PSV still on?

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
My cousin wins his third champions league title... With three different teams.

A new record!!!

TRD

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Congrats to the record...

I watched the game it wasn't the greatest final,but it wasn't bad...What a nailbiting finish though,going down to pentalies and all them saves by the goalkeepers...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Seedorf should be congratulated for his achievement. He had a really good game and it's a feat that might be equaled but will never be bettered. He was part of three fantastic teams and didn't just switch around to other clubs, he contributed to those he played for. Well done.

new topics

top topics

join