It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: West Brom try sign AJ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
hey, i was suprised by this

Crystal Palace have reportedly shunned a player-plus-cash offer from West Brom for Andy Johnson.

The Baggies have purportedly offered Palace £2 million and Robert Earnshaw to hand Johnson an immediate return to The Premiership.

Johnson impressed during his debut campaign in the top flight, scoring 22 goals in all competitions and earning an England cap.

link

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Thats a shocker...

But i guess they are looking to build and it wouldn't be a bad move. Robson is a great manager and he has brought in a few good players. One prob is they will be looking for much more than that..

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
that guy Earnshaw, hes half decent i thought?

looking at it, the deal was worth about 5 million all in with a player exchange included, i reckon they are prob looking at 5 million cash

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Utter nonsense, go away West Brom, this is NEVER going to happen. Why would AJ sign for the Baggies, it is a step sidewards not forwards.

I like Robson but he is more likely to go to Newcastle or Liverpool if he actually leaves Palace next season.

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Bold move, but as Teflon said, no way is that ever going to happen. Palace might actually hold on to him, they are not in debt as such and still might be able to add a decent player or two. Then they could bounce staright back into the Prem for another try.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
i firmly agree there is no way the baggies will get aj but they have b*****ks for tryin, most big clubs in the prem would snap him up and would do his england credentials a world of good

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
this is supposed to be Birmingham asking about the player and then changing there minds, has the price scared them off hehe...

Birmingham City have abandoned their interest in Andy Johnson after making an enquiry for the Crystal Palace striker.

Blues boss Steve Bruce had been keen to bring Johnson back to St Andrews, three years after allowing him to leave the club as a makeweight in the Clinton Morrison deal.

While Morrison's star has dimmed in the intervening period, Johnson has gone from strength to strength and even earned an England cap.

link

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Just silly, that's like leaking a story saying Zidane is going to West Ham, never going to happen unless he is still playing at 52.

top topics

join