It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Dean Ashton could leave?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
They only just signed him and he looks to be worth every penny that Norwich spent on him. But specualtion is that if Norwich get relegated he could on his way. He has scored 3 goals in 4 games, the last was the winner at Newcastle that gives them a chance to stay up. Where is the commitment of these players nowadays? He only signed in January and they paid what 3million for him. He's saying that he hasn't even thought about it, but Arsenal seem to be monitoring him. He was given a chance by Norwich to play in the Prem and he should at least give them something back in return even if they get relegated.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i dont think i have seen him play. but the reports on him are great. he bangs goals where ever he goes. and at norwich, hes doing it and i think forming a good partnership with leon kenzie i think it is upfront.

i think since he left crewe, crewe havent won a game so he must have been top dog there.

am sure years ago the chairman at newcastle (shepard) was supposed to have liked the player and wanted him at one stage?

TRD

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think there was a few clubs that was interested in him.

I've seen him play a few times and he does look really good. If they do go down they are going to need him badly if they want to come straight back up.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
who was it that was supposed to want to sign him? if they stay up do you think he will stay? i hope he does cos hes a good player for them.

if they go down, hes been in the first for sooo many years, i think if a team came calling he would move.

TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Not too sure on the teams interested but there will most prob be a few. The way it is going they might not even go down yet..

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If they do go down and he wants to leave, there won't be a shortage of clubs that will be interested.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
has he represtened england at a international level yet like under 21s? i dunno what age he is but i know hes young lol

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I always thought he would only be there for a few seasons, could be a nice replacement for Shearer and at a cheaper price then other players Newcastle have been linked with. If Spurs clearout some strikers (Kanoute) then he could end up at the Lane.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
so far. hes proved hes too good in the 1st, and in the prem hes been scoring goals for a bottom team, he nearly kept them up with his goals.

i think newcaslte is likely, they need a striker and have a few to kick out

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Spurs have tabled another bid today according to my sources.

TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
He could well be off to Spurs, they was interested in him before. Its looking well likely that Keane is off and they will need another striker as Mido is only on loan. What would the price be though, they paid what 3million or something for him..

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I think it's about 3m, maybe more with games/goals etc.

TRD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Would be a good signing if they can get him, there is quite a few clubs hunting for strikers and he could end up anywhere yet. He definatly won't be staying at Norwich...

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
welll so far, everton have managed to get one of the spurs duo they are after, and i think they can sign keane if they want to spend the money.

is mido going back to roma?

and yip, i think if keane goes, they will find the money to buy the ashton guy

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I don't think Spurs will sign Mido and when Keane does go they will be looking for a new striker and Ashton does fit the bill.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
yer, mido i think wont become permanent, and if Keane goes, thats at least 4 million i reckon, i think prob nearer 6 million.

ashton got bought for 3 million, what you think would make norwhich sell, would spurs bid 4 or 5 million?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Spurs have the money anyway, they don't need to sell.
I hope he goes to Newcastle, Spurs are looking too good with all these new players!

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I could see him going to Spurs, all depends on how bad they want him. Would be a great signing for them and he seems the type of player that has a level head. The way they are rotating strikers at Spurs i don't think he will mind being on the bench for the odd games.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
They are getting too many good players!!!!

top topics

join