It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Parker to Birmingham?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Mario Melchiot has urged former Chelsea team-mate Scott Parker to join him at Birmingham City.
Melchiot left Stamford Bridge last summer after five years to move to St Andrews and is delighted with his decision. The Dutchman feels Parker, who has struggled to break into Jose Mourinho's first-team plans, would benefit from making the same move. Blues boss Steve Bruce has made no secret of his admiration for the former Charlton star, and Melchiot has done his bit to help persuade Parker by insisting he would not regret switching to the the Midlanders in the summer.

LINK

[Edited on 10/4/05 by TRD]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
i think i read this one in the paper, and i think he will leave chelsea.

though, am sure there is more than 1 team after him. with the blues though, having forsell and melchiot, maybe theres a bit more business relationship with them regarding transfers, so it might help in that respect

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
He just doesn't get picked and there was big talks of him leaving before. He is still young and although Chelsea this season are the best team i would want to be playing regular football.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
just thinking, he would be a great replcament for savage

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
He would be a good replacement alright, Birmingham will do well to sign him and he will improve there team. I wonder what sort of fee Chelsea will let him go for?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
how much did chelsea pay, 10 million just about i think it was? i think even half of that is respectable money for the guy..

still, can bruce afford to splash 5 million on just 1 player? i aint sure, especially with pandiani looking to sign for the next season.

maybe a loan deal could happen?

Sir

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It would be a good signing if they can get him. On the quiet Bruce is assembling a decent side. I don't know why they are not doing much better.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i read everton are supposed to be monitoring him aswell, i reckon he will leave on a permenant deal. from what i have heard chelsea would accept a fee in the region of 2 - 3 million

TRD

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
That would be well cheap, i bet there will be a few clubs lining up to sign him at that price..

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
yer, if it is that price.

the thing is, none of the top 6 sides will sign him i think its fair to say.

i think it will be a mid table team and i cant see any of them forking out what chelsea paid for him, and i dont reckon they would spend as much as 5 million.

i think its a case of cut your losses and get rid of him, they must be paying him 30 grand a week plus

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Nice signing if they get him, wasted at Chelski. I'd like to see him go back to Charlton, should never have left.

Sir

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I can't see him going back to Charlton, he has tasted a bit of the big time and will want to go to a better club than them now...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
his performances at chelsea havent been spectacular, though under ranieri think he was deployed as right of the midfield.

do you think he can cut it at the biggest state?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
^ No. He is a decent player, not a top quality player. More squad rotation than first teamer at Chelski.

Maybe Spurs would be interested? Would do well there.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
hehe.. if its true that spurs want rossicky, i think no contest as to who Jol would go for out of those 2 lol.

if simon davies does leave for everton, i reckon parker going to spurs would be a good move.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
He is more creative than Parker for sure.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Birmingham may be his only choice as they don't have that bad a side. Tottenham are overloaded in midfield and i can't see him going there. I wonder if he would fancy Newcastle, they will be looking to re-build...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
hehe... am not sure, parker has already worked under one useless manager in Ranieri, surely he knows better than to work under souness lol

Sir

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Souness is not that bad, its the team. Full of prima donnas and piss heads...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
He would do OK at Newcastle.
Don't rule out Spurs though, Brown can't play every game and there aren't any other decent holding midefielders at the club.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join