It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Pennant is jailed, pennats vow, Pennant signs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Birmingham City's Jermaine Pennant has been jailed for three months.

The England Under-21 international has been in splendid form since joining Blues on loan from Arsenal but his career will grind to a temporary halt as he sees out his sentence.

Pennant pleaded guilty to three charges of drink-driving, driving whilst disqualified and using a vehicle without insurance.

link

[Edited on 3/2/05 by rynaldo82]

[Edited on 4/25/05 by rynaldo82]

TRD

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I just heard it on the news, bad news for him but its not that long. He'll do 8 weeks and then he is out and may make the last few games..

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
yer, its not that long. not sure, will he loose too much match fitness to make it back at the end of the season?

but that will be the crucial time for them, when his sentance ends

TRD

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Heh he will be in an open prison i reckon where they have gym facilitys and the works lol!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
hehe... i read a new thing they are going to introduce in prisons is they get paid about 10'000 per year, the inmates.

and tonight i was watching the imigrant programme, places that treat other nationalties really bad. it was all racist. its sad to see it works like that

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Jailed footballer Jermaine Pennant is determined to learn from his mistakes and get his career back on track, according to his agent.

The on-loan Birmingham winger was sentenced to three months in jail on Tuesday for drink driving while already banned.

The player's agent Sky Andrew says that the 22-year-old is determined to turn his career, and his life, around after his sentence.

link

TRD

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
He is plenty young enough to get his career back on track when he comes out. Tony Adams did time and it didn't do him any harm did it..

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
yip. adams just mutated into a donkey lol

but hes young, if he does have access to the sports and fitness facilites in the jail, am sure birmingham will be saying you better be doing it mr :loudhorn:

even if its not the case, hes young enough to get himself fit real quick

TRD

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
As long as he is not made to bend over and pick up the soap..

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Jermaine Pennant has dropped his appeal against the three-month jail sentence imposed on him for drink-driving whilst disqualified.

The Arsenal starlet, who is currently on loan to Birmingham City, was sent to jail by magistrates last week after pleading guilty to three separate motoring offences.

The 22-year-old admitted drink driving, driving whilst banned and using a vehicle without insurance

link

TRD

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Jermaine Pennant has been released from prison after being granted parole for his three-month jail sentence. The Birmingham City winger, on loan from parent club Arsenal until the season's end, received a three-month jail sentence earlier this month after being convicted for three separate motoring offences. However, the 22-year-old was told he would be eligible for parole this week and after serving a third of his sentence at HMP Woodhill in Milton Keynes, the talented midfielder has been released on Thursday morning for good behaviour.

LINK

Sir

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Lets hope he can learn by his mistakes as he is a pretty good player. Birmingham will do well to sign him and should get him on the cheap..

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i read in the paper, he was playing yesterday and he was supposed to have been great.

i wonder how much the time in this jail has made him want to be better and let his football do the talking

TRD

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thye are saying that Birmingham are going to sign him from Arsenal on monday.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i think its a good deal if it happens, theres no doubting the player has talent.

birmingham have stood by him when things where tough and i think its going to make him a better player for the club. i hope it works out

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Did they sign him today? anyone know?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
he has signed

Birmingham City have completed the permanent signing of Jermaine Pennant from Arsenal.

The 22-year-old has signed a three-year contract at St Andrews with an option for a further year.

The Blues have confirmed the transfer could be worth £3 million, although following a down payment of around £500,000.

link

[Edited on 4/25/05 by rynaldo82]

new topics

top topics

join