It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Prutton is charged *10 match ban*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Southampton's David Prutton has been charged with two counts of improper conduct by The FA.

Prutton hit the headlines after reacting furiously to receiving a second yellow card in the match against Arsenal on Saturday.

The midfielder remonstrated with a linesman and appeared to push referee Alan Wiley, as he tried to intervene.

link

[Edited on 3/2/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

David Prutton has issued a sincere apology for his disgraceful reaction to being sent off in the draw with Arsenal on Saturday.

The Southampton midfielder was shown a second yellow card by Alan Wiley and then manhandled the referee as he vented his anger at the decision.

Prutton will be charged with misconduct by The Football Association on Monday and realises that he faces a lengthy suspension.

link

TRD

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah it was bad and he deserves what he gets to be honest. What cracks me up is in the first post it says he appears to push the referee. I watched it on TV and he pushed him loads of times

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

David Prutton has been hit with a ten-match ban by The Football Association for his actions against Arsenal at the weekend.

The Southampton midfielder was given a second booking by referee Alan Wiley following a late tackle on Robert Pires and this sparked a furious response from Prutton.

He attempted to remonstrate with a referee's assistant and manhandled Wiley as he intervened.

link

TRD

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That is quite a long time, but he got what he deserved no matter how sorry he is.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The punishment should be dropped cos playing for Southampton is punishment enough.

TRD

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hahaha yeah Drunk....

Well it is awhile to be out and i guess he regrets it.

Did anyone read that its the 10th anniversay or something of Eric Cantonas kung-fu kick? The fans are thinking of wearing Cantona masks to the game at the weekend at Crystal Palace but they said anyone doing it will get arrested lol!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Hahaha yeah Drunk....

Well it is awhile to be out and i guess he regrets it.

Did anyone read that its the 10th anniversay or something of Eric Cantonas kung-fu kick? The fans are thinking of wearing Cantona masks to the game at the weekend at Crystal Palace but they said anyone doing it will get arrested lol!

So they should be.

Cantona was a gr8 player but that kick was childish.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
haha..i hadnt heard this,

it sounds pretty harsh if they will get arrested,

On the 5th January 1995 at Selhurst Park, post sending-off, Cantona is confronted by a laughable example of terrace trash shouting vile abuse from the apparent safety of the family stand. In an heroic gesture of the first water, Cantona reacts with a two-footed leap into the crowd, catching the villain squarely in the chest, and follows up with two or three good, solid punches. Fantastic stuff - at long long last an individual stands up against the mob mentality and gives it a good hiding. In the aftermath, of course, Justice puts on her blindfold and vanquishes the hero. On the night of the 5th January 1995, however, Eric Cantona showed the world a genuine redress ..... administered raw.

source

TRD

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yeah he went a bit too far with the kick but it was such along time ago now. I can't really see nothing wrong in wearing a cantona mask but they should do it for a different reason than the ku-fu-kick to remember him by...

new topics

top topics

join