It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Robson fuming with Matthaus

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
West Brom manager Bryan Robson is unhappy with Hungary manager Lothar Matthaus. The Baggies boss was assured Zoltan Gera would only play half of his country's clash against Wales on Wednesday night. However, Hungary's captain played the full game when Robson did not want him to feature too heavily in the contest due to fatigue.

Robson was already puzzled as to why Gera was forced to fly to Budapest to participate in a training session only to fly back to England ahead of the game at The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

Skysports

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
well. you know germans hate getting beat, maybe going down to wales he wanted his best or strongest players to remain on the pitch to try get a point or something

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Usually the clubs come to an agreement with the International managers reguarding their players. It looks like he took no notice of Dowie and showed him no respect at all..

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
well. with dowie relatively knew to the scene, and his name aint really mentioend in the same breath as matthaus. the respect thing you said TRD sounds right

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hehe i meant Robson...

I was reading a thread on Dowie while i was posting, thinking of what i was going to say.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Hehe i meant Robson...

I was reading a thread on Dowie while i was posting, thinking of what i was going to say.

lol...you got me saying dowie too lol.

well, with what i said earlier, about dowie being new to the scene, the same cant be said about robson.

i think it was ignorance, robson, is probally more heard of in managing terms than dowie.

new topics

top topics

join