It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Baggies land Man United starlet

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
West Bromwich Albion have secured the services of Manchester United's Kieran Richardson on loan until the end of the season. The winger has found first-team opportunities hard to come by at Old Trafford this term and will relish the prospect of regular football. The 20-year-old has made just two substitute appearances for The Red Devils this season, but is likely to play a key role for Bryan Robson.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
should be a good signing, he will find it near impossible to get ahead of gibbs.

maybe if he does well it will become permanent

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
do you think they will manage to keep him for next season?

Bryan Robson would love to keep Kieran Richardson at West Brom but understands why the winger is keen to make it at Manchester United.

Robson, a former Red Devil himself, is delighted with the 20-year-old's progress at The Hawthorns and would like to make his move a permanent deal.

However, the Baggies boss realises being successful at Old Trafford is a massive incentive and is realistic about retaining his services next term.

link

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
He has been good this season, if they stay up (which isn't likely) they want him for another season. Could end up being a player for Man Utd and to think he used to play at West Ham.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
hehe. was he another west ham youngster? do you think he would play in the first division if they go down? i wonder if west ham where to go up if they could get him on loan

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Yeah he was with us as a kid but they let him go!

I think if it was anyone other than Robson in charge then Man Utd wouldn't loan him out if they get relegated, so you never know.

I think the player would drop down a division if it were up to him.

Sir

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If it meant he would be playing regular then yea he will drop down. At least he isn't happy to sit in the reserves and just collect. He wants to show and prove what he can do. West Ham released quite a few youngsters and they are starting to show some good promise. It should have been the new crop comming through, but they all went. Everyone knows how the last lot ended up.. Cole, Lampard, Defoe, Carrick, Rio ect...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Freddy Easton is another one doing well.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i aint sure who the guy you said Teflon is? is he stilll at west ham?

richardson at one point was getting hyped up to be like the new giggs, i wonder if he think he can be at utd?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
He was a youth player at West Ham and is banging goals in for Southend.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
He was a youth player at West Ham and is banging goals in for Southend.

yer, west ham do really good at bringing up good youngsters, aint suprised to see another 1 doing well

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Shouldn't have let him go, he reminded me of Cottee who was my favourite player.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
yer, i remember him... Tony Cottee right? played as a striker, he was good. that must have been early 90s to mid 90s right?

well.. richardon is saying he want to be at man utd winning things

Kieran Richardson is ready to dash West Brom's hopes of bringing him back to The Hawthorns by insisting he wants to win trophies with Manchester United.

Richardson proved his ability to perform on the Premiership stage when starring in West Brom's successful battle against relegation at the end of last season.

Baggies chief Bryan Robson is a huge admirer of the gifted midfielder and has made it one of his summer priorities to bring him back to the Black Country either on loan or in a permanent deal.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
He played for England recently and did really well. Problem is if he goes back to United, will he get a game? Fergie might want to loan him out again to get a bit more experience..

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
yip. i dont think if he goes back, he will feature that much. look at Fletcher, he is supposed to be great and he hardly plays. and i think man utd are going to sign a midfielder this summer making it harder for this guy to play.

new topics

top topics

join