It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Pennant joins Blues

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Birmingham have signed Arsenal's Jermaine Pennant on loan for the rest of the season. The 22-year-old winger becomes Steve Bruce's second loan signing of the transfer window after Salif Diao joined from Liverpool. Pennant spent last season on loan at Leeds, but had wanted to earn a place in Arsene Wenger's first team this term.

The former Notts County youngster was arrested at the weekend after being involved in a car crash, forcing him out of The Gunners' clash with Newcastle on Sunday. He has to attend a February 1 hearing at Magistrates Court to answer charges of drink driving, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance, as he was already on a 16-month driving ban.

Pennant, however, had not earned a regular slot in Wenger's starting XI, and he has been linked with several loan moves away from Highbury. His current contract at Arsenal expires at the end of the season and it remains to be seen if he will get another chance with The Gunners.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
haha TRD. you beat me too it
lol

i think hes got 2 players with something to prove, they will want to do well. if they dont, well, there aint much gonna happen when they go back to there respective clubs,

and steve bruce needs to add something to his squad, they have been on the slippery slope of late. maybe this can boost them back up a few places

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
He might not even play yet, there was talks in the paper today that he might go to prison..

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
He might not even play yet, there was talks in the paper today that he might go to prison..

woah! i wasnt aware of that! if that happens, i wonder if arsenal done the deal so birmingham pay the wages lol

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I dunno it was in the *cough* Sun....

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Birmingham City have placed Jermaine Pennant's loan move from Arsenal on hold. The Premiership champions confirmed on Monday evening that the England Under-21 international had linked up with Blues for the rest of the season. But Pennant's impending court appearance to answer charges of drink driving, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance have put the deal on the backburner.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
looks like you where right TRD

do you think the move will still happen?

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Dunno to be honest, a few people i have spoken to thinks he might be going down. Caught under the influence whilst being banned, hrmm could be 6 months for him...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
if it happens that way, is career at arsenal, it will be finished i reckon. he will find it near impossible to get back in there, and to be honest, maybe a team like birmingham are the right choice to get his career back on track

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Maybe thats what Arsenal were thinking, out him while they have the chance. If he goes down they will release him for sure. Makes you wonder now why they was reluctant to offer him a new deal quite a few weeks ago. Maybe they knew something we didn't eh?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
he has pleaed guilty to the charge

Arsenal midfielder has Jermaine Pennant pleaded guilty to drink driving and driving whilst disqualified.

The 22-year-old was arrested in Aylesbury at around 6am on January 23 after a car was spotted dragging a lamp post beneath it.

Pennant, who arrived dressed in a black suit, shirt and tie, also admitted driving whilst uninsured when appearing at Aylesbury Magistrates' Court on Tuesday.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
if he does end up in jail, bruce is saying i'l stand by him

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce will stand by Jermaine Pennant even if he is sent to prison.

The 22-year-old signed for Birmingham on loan from Arsenal, but has a courts case hanging over him.

Pennant has recently appeared at Aylesbury Magistrates' Court and pleaded guilty to drink driving, driving whilst disqualified and also driving without insurance.

link

new topics

top topics

join